Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Would you buy an Apache from a salesman in a pinstripe suit? >

Would you buy an Apache from a salesman in a pinstripe suit?

Notices

Would you buy an Apache from a salesman in a pinstripe suit?

Old 12-13-2003, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jack your guess is as good as mine,But the Sprit-Sparrow-Dude-Dudette has been huffing Paint.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

"A boat-builder can (and has) design/draw/build/tool-build production pieces... with his own two hands."

SS,

Well, that would leave out the current owners of the 2 big name companies down my way and about 50% of the others.....

The man did run reign on the company (admittedly with some help) for the past few decades. So he knows what? Nothing? Try again..... give me something I can believe.
Old 12-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jack ;

It is comical !! come on "Spirit World" Whats that Liquor depot??
Old 12-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

E-Mails Whatever.Good night.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ActiveThunder
"A boat-builder can (and has) design/draw/build/tool-build production pieces... with his own two hands."

SS,

Well, that would leave out the current owners of the 2 big name companies down my way and about 50% of the others.....

The man did run reign on the company (admittedly with some help) for the past few decades. So he knows what? Nothing? Try again..... give me something I can believe.
Very well said Pat.The avatar is a howl
Old 12-14-2003, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BUT

Lets see Mr Harry Schoell is a real Boatbuilder the Ole Master and does not Pop anything does he?? Oops Bummer is Bob does not like the ddc bottom though.. But there are plenty others.

The way I see it is if everyone had to account for their Molds and pay to the Orginators The right full amount that is!! the boat world would be a better place..
Old 12-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Spirit World
The Great White Eagle has come from the heavens to carry the Chief to find the spirits of the lost tribe.

The Warpath Cometh
Attached Thumbnails Would you buy an Apache from a salesman in a pinstripe suit?-boat-pics-079.jpg  
Old 12-15-2003, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey I found one of those Spirit boats.. Pretty good deal..

The Manitou 22 Spirit is a great way to bring the family together. Ready to go in a moment's notice, this is the perfect play place for everyone. The Spirit's rounder corner castings give it a clean and appealing updated look while the easy-to-maintain premium upholstery vinyl with Bio-Pruf protection keep it looking great, too. Plus, the Spirit's pricing is surprisingly within reach. Colorful and playful, this boat has a lot to offer. Like eye catching graphics and a stylish interior with furniture that has storage under each seat for lots of gear. The Spirit's quality and durability stand up to the challenge of active fun and sun lovers. Water lovers especially love this one for its surprising affordability while still being packed with quality and lots of extra features.
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2003, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

“Well, that would leave out the current owners of the 2 big name companies down my way and about 50% of the others.....

The man did run reign on the company (admittedly with some help) for the past few decades. So he knows what? Nothing? Try again..... give me something I can believe.” AT

So. Florida and Boat borrowing, is that the new subject ??? If you had READ my original post, you would’ve noted that I wasn’t trying to discredit Bob and I said “Again, this isn't an insult, I'm just curious. I apologize if it sounds offensive because it isn't intended to be.” So please don’t put words in my mouth. Also, yes “that would leave out the current owners of the 2 big name companies down my way and about 50% of the others.” I would agree with that. Many so. FL companies are run by people (and very successfully I might add) that have worked in the business for years or by people that have a business degree and or background. Many have walked into there current position and are riding on the coattails of their predecessor. Others are not. That doesn’t necessarily mean they've designed and built any original boats themselves. This doesn’t make me think any less of them, but you still didn’t answer my original question.

Main Entry: boat•build•er
Pronunciation: -"bil-d&r
Function: noun
Date: 1679
: one that builds boats

Date 2003 Boat builder :
One who Steals others work and makes claim of it or one who sloshes resin and outfits same…
BTW, why are all the new AT's for sale???

“Bobby built many.....” cashbrain
Hey Cash, my vision isn’t all that great, but aren’t those pictures you posted of a shortned Apache (from 41’ to 36’ )???

“what kind of boat do you have????
We REALLY want to know more about you” cashbrain
Thanks for asking about me, very thoughtful. I have a couple of boats. I’m more of a cat guy myself. My larger boat is Cougar cat, it’s an original English design. Great rough water boat, but like the Apache’s, it’s kind of heavy. I also have a Yamaha jet boat (XR1800, also an original design) that I bought for easy of transport and shear convenience. Can’t beat it for it’s mobility. I use the cat locally for ocean running, and the jetboat for rivers and small lakes that I like to vacation at.
Me, I’m not in the boating business, I work in a totally unrelated field. I'm a clueless nobody, just a fan. I have a BS in mech. engineering and also have a MBA. I live in the northeast and spend some time down south. No kids, in case you’re wondering about that as well. In my free time I enjoy thinking on my own and not following the heard. Again, thanks for asking.

WP, you really need to starting thinking on an individual level. As I stated before… I love the paint job on your rig. Very nice. Did you do it or was it like that when you bought it? Either way it’s sharp. Again my vision isn’t the greatest, but your boat appears to be a "borrowed" design (Gonzales's originally...not an Aronow design like the 41 Apache was).

Last edited by SS930; 12-15-2003 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Registered

SS390, thinking on an individual level all i have to say is i am cooler than you........simple

Gail Paik painted my boat in 1990.Over the years additional graphics have been added by Chris Carney of West Chester PA.

Special thanks to Bob Saccenti and Eric Froberg for a job well done.Most all my screws still run north,south,east,west

Quick Reply: Would you buy an Apache from a salesman in a pinstripe suit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.