Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Palm Beach Post article about Apache !!!!! >

Palm Beach Post article about Apache !!!!!

Notices

Palm Beach Post article about Apache !!!!!

Old 05-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Palm Beach Post article about Apache !!!!!

www.palmbeachpost.com

Front page article in the Monday May 3 edition. This reporter did a really nice job researching the story and didn't let Thad get away with another infomercial (take note Poker Runs Mag). Also Click on the Front Page PDF file, it has a nice Pic Of Mark McManus standing in front of Apache Heritage, a raceboat Mark built that won 2 World Championships.

Last edited by McManus Apache; 05-03-2004 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That was a good read. Sounds like Thad went fishing and hooked himself right in the wallet. Sue everybody, even Mcmanus who had nothing to do with him.
Also, it seems Mcmanus has quite the reputation as a meticulous boatbuilder. I doubt Thad could sue him out of that. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out in court.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:36 AM
wampum

Default palm beach post

nice artical to say the least.it is as it should be,mr mcmanus pictured with his boat.poker runs america prints pictures of thad with young hired girls and no boat.poker runs america takes money for advertising using marks logo and then prints an article on allen.mcmanus ,no advertising,relies on his years of knowledge and experience and has a client base world wide.poker runs america looking for articles prints controversial one sided story and charges the consumer to read misguided stories.palm beach post approached by allen to do a story,researches their work only to find out that allen does not own the logo and in turn produces an article that has more fact than fiction.it offers two sides to the story and charges a lot less!poker runs should hire the reporter from the post as she seems to have more credibility than mr. tasler.

Last edited by McManus Apache; 05-04-2004 at 08:47 AM.

Old 05-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this lawsuit is still pending, won't it be a LONG time before a judgement is rendered?
How will Mr. Allen's company release a boat before that decision?

I always thought that trademark lawsuits could take years to settle. The Apache name is certainly valuable, but from a business standpoint I would think that if Mr. Allen doesn't release a boat until then, all of the work (money) he/investors have out into this new boat would be better spent.

Yes, No, Maybe? Am I offbase here?