Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
36 Apache one Ebay and Classifieds. >

36 Apache one Ebay and Classifieds.

Notices

36 Apache one Ebay and Classifieds.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 36 Apache one Ebay and Classifieds.

If anyone is considering the Apache on Ebay that is also in the clasifieds get in touch with me. I looked at the boat back in November and can provide an unbiased opinion. There is a lot of really good things to say about the boat, I am not looking to hurt a sale but would like to provide as much information as I can that may or may not save soeone a trip to Chicago. I did make what I thought was a very resonable offer on the boat and we just could not work it out.
The guys at Shogren were very nice and a pleasure to attempt to deal with.
Brian
Old 01-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 36 Apache one Ebay and Classifieds.

Looks nice in the pics.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...516283315&rd=1
Old 01-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

Bobbys crew redid that boat a couple of years ago and it is a sweet ride. When we were in KW together it was an awsome 36 so I don't know what could have changed. Steve
Old 01-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Nykamp
Bobbys crew redid that boat a couple of years ago and it is a sweet ride. When we were in KW together it was an awsome 36 so I don't know what could have changed. Steve
Steve -

Nothing's changed for sure.

I hope there's no implication that there's anything wrong with this boat.. I spent time on the phone with Brian in November and we discussed everything he wanted to know.

I owned this boat for the 2004 season and except for the drives needing to be painted and a few dings on the swim platform, this boat is perfect. Those are exactly the honest comments Shogren has in their Ebay ad.

I hope Brian comes back to this thread and clarifies his comments. If the boat wasn't " right " then why would he have made an offer on it ?
Old 01-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Too Old
Wasn't that Wes' boat?

I can't imagine Wes owning a boat that isn't super clean. It's sure a beautiful boat.

Thanks for the compliment, Fred !

Two other people called me on this boat and went to see it.....they loved it and said it was everything it was described to be but for other reasons ( one's wife didn't like the colors ), they chose not to purchase it....
Old 01-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Registered

I've been on it, and it's one hell of a boat. I've sold Wes a few cars, and he dosen't settle for anything less than perfect.

Fred
Old 01-07-2005, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

From everything I know about the boat theonly thing it needs is more power, but that a personel choice. It sounds like he is just bummed about a offer that was shot down, these boats are rare you'l have a hard time finding one cheap. The best part about this one is the 3A's so you can mail so big power to her, and it has my favorite option, the race faring. Steve
Old 01-07-2005, 07:02 AM
Registered

Well I see where this is going. My only intention was to help someone make a choice either way. I am far from bummed about my offer not being accepted. The guys at Shogren were nothing but nice to deal with. The boat was not misrepresented, it is just that I am very picky and little things bother me. I do a lit of fiberglass work and paint work on corvettes so some things that bother me may not bother other people related to paint. Here is a short version of what I documented about the boat when I looked at it. Me and my wife and another couple spent 3 hours going over the boat.

Trailer, 100% perfect brand new with larger capacity then is required.
Paint scheme, 100% awesome esthetically.
Engines, appearance is good, fairly clean, some fue laying in the intake of the port motor. Not really a big deal.
Bilge, very clean and well rigged.
Cockpit, very nice layout and in good condition with the exception of the cabin door which has a tear down the right side from the lock. Wes told me about this prior to me looking at the boat.
Cabin, awesome layout and size, one cushion has the threads coming loose on the port side. The hatches have at one time had a screen or something glued in place and the glue is this there. Awesome storage on this boat.
Engine hatch material has a very worn area on the left front, it has worn through the material. This can only be seen when the hatch is up. Not really a big deal.
Drives. Both need to be removed and sandblasted and repainted. Corrosion issues, starbord one is worse if I recall.
Trim tabs could use a repainting, the starboard mount has been broke and welded at some time.

None of the above really bothered me it was just stuff I noted. Yes it all would be fixed but could be done along the way.

Now the stuff that bothered me:
The transom needs repainted, there are lots of signs of red. The paint is coming off in several places.
Large chip in starboard side at transom that has been touched up with a brush that would need to be spotted in.
Area where the fairing meets the top deck has large areas where the paint has peeled off and is down to white.
Anchor locker paint has several large chips or paint flaking, it is in the purple and is down to white gel. Looks like very little or no prep work was done in this area.
Now this was the one item that bother me the worst. The bow has a ton of fish eyes in the clear.
The swim patform needs to be removed sandblasted the repainted.

This is an awesome boat, I just could not justify the asking price and be comfortable with me fixing the above items. My intention is not to hurt anyones sale but to help anyone considering the boat. On the water running it would be a 10 out of 10 boat other then having the look of being much faster then it is.
At a dock or on the trailer some the things would bother me.

I hope Todd sells the boat. (So I can quit looking at it) Whoever gets it will get an awesome boat that just needs a little TLC to make me happy.

I hope this clears things up.

Brian

Last edited by tssteph; 01-07-2005 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

No one appreciates having things more perfect than I but IMHO this is a little nitpicky.
All of the things mentioned here probably don't amount to more than $2000 in work / materials at the most anyway......as Steve says, there aren't too many 36's out there to begin with, especially with 3A's and the race fairing as well.

99% of people looking at this boat would rate it a 9.5 or better as witnessed by the comments from people who have seen this boat.
The Apache is used, not a trailer queen although it was stored inside when on the trailer and all Fall and Winter long.
Its also not a freshwater boat and is 11 years old.

If you want to buy a perfect boat, buy new...a wise man told me that once.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by WetKitty42
I've been on it, and it's one hell of a boat. I've sold Wes a few cars, and he dosen't settle for anything less than perfect.

Fred

Yeah, sorry about that Fred...I know I'm a pain in the ass.

Quick Reply: 36 Apache one Ebay and Classifieds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.