Interior Storage >

Interior Storage

Notices

Interior Storage

Old 11-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior Storage

I am sure that Awesome, AO and Chris owners have thought about the cockpit storage (or lack of) in our boats. Sure, there is the rear under seat storage, but what a pain in the ass to get to. Asking your passengers to stand up and steep aside to get ropes, etc.

If anyone has suggestions, throw them out. Websites on storage equipment would be helpful. I am planning on installing several along both port and starboard outward side of the cockpit liner, as well as using the front bolster pedestal as a possible area.

If anyone has already gone this route, please post some pics.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Registered

Early Awesome's had the rear seat storage access via sliding plexiglas door panels on the front side of the rear seat pedestal. Double pain in the ass. I don't know what the Chris or AO set-up is.

I am removing the doors and slide track and frame sections. Covering it totally with starboard material. Cutting two rectangular holes in the top of the rear seat pedestal and TOP access. Just like the newer models (2000 and up?). Rear seat bottom cushion requires a double hinge. Removing all of the carpet materials. Painting and installing a pirelli flooring for a clean look and easy cleaning.
Attached Thumbnails Interior Storage-fiberglass-repair-areas-013-1.jpg   Interior Storage-fiberglass-repair-areas-009-1.jpg  
Old 11-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my upholstery guy sew up some vinyl map pockets that snap to the sides of the console, along where your legs go, just to throw your keys, wallet, sun screen ect.. I also added a 3rd cup holder - My brother installed nice storage cut out's along the sides of his boat (molded with a cargo netting)- similar to the newer AO's ' I would like to add these for next year, it is wasted space IMO any one have a source for these?
Attached Thumbnails Interior Storage-helm.jpg  
Old 11-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
I would like to add these for next year, it is wasted space IMO any one have a source for these?
Exactly the purpose of this thread. Looking for sources.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.ssicustomplastics.com/netted%20boxes.htm
Old 05-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered

I have known about SSI for sometime now. Any more come to mind? I found this manufacturer that will custom make hatch covers and cabin storage compartment doors.
http://www.wayneearl.com/
Old 05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
CNC
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Rotax,

I went to the site(http://www.marineperformancetechtalk.com/) and view the progress on your boat, NICE!!!!

I have a question, my boat does not have a hatch. Please tell me about yours, make, model, placement on the deck. I hate the idea of cutting a hole in my paint. But we spend weekends in the boat and it will get hot below deck w/out a hatch.
I have a friend who does vinyl graphics and he said he could make a see through vinyl sticker w/the paint scheme in the vinyl to go over the hatch. When you look at it looks solid, but from the inside you can see through it, like they do with pickup rear windows.

Randy
Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CNC
Rotax,

I went to the site(http://www.marineperformancetechtalk.com/) and view the progress on your boat, NICE!!!!

I have a question, my boat does not have a hatch. Please tell me about yours, make, model, placement on the deck. I hate the idea of cutting a hole in my paint. But we spend weekends in the boat and it will get hot below deck w/out a hatch.
I have a friend who does vinyl graphics and he said he could make a see through vinyl sticker w/the paint scheme in the vinyl to go over the hatch. When you look at it looks solid, but from the inside you can see through it, like they do with pickup rear windows.

Randy
Randy, 1998 31' and see the attached pic for the placement of the deck hatch hole. The blue tape length from the middle cockpit cover snap to the rearward opening edge is 21". The blue tape length from the sideward edge to the raised step area on the deck is 10.75". The second pic shows the Bomar hatch carton containing the new deck hatch. If the part number is not clear in the pic, it is: G96622022 Cost might be around $300 You may find it to be a non-stock item so you might have to call Bomar for confirmation that they will still build it. Good timing. Just getting ready to install the new hatch. Look for details on MPTT. I modified the installation process for a better install.
Attached Thumbnails Interior Storage-deck-hatch-001-2.jpg   Interior Storage-deck-hatch-003-2.jpg  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

added these cup holders , click on link , can't post pics
http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/a...urrent=025.jpg
Old 04-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

added these cup holders , click on link , can't post pics
http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/a...urrent=025.jpg
Where did you get those cup holder? Exactally what I am looking for! Please let me know. Thank You!

Quick Reply: Interior Storage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.