First time out in my Aweome...... >

First time out in my Aweome......

Notices

First time out in my Aweome......

Old 07-04-2009, 10:07 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First time out in my Aweome......

After waiting 8 months to try my new toy I took her out Friday. Idled past the pier in Ludington, applied power slowly to climb on plane, then the port motor revs way up like it lost a prop. No gear.. Idle back into the harbor can smell burnt clutch in the engine compartment. Bam Cyborg toasted..... transmission was full of oil still. Any ideas why? I'll post to the drive section too. Was this because it sat for 2 years??
I never test drove the boat, I bought it late last fall, everything else on the boat is excellent.

Randy
Old 07-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy, got your message... that sucks I know how much you were looking forward to your maiden voyage, hopefully you can get it repaired quickly, I don't know much about transmissions, kinda why I've always had a bravo style boat. I'm sure you will find some answers in the tech section,
good luck, hang in there it will be worth it in the end
Old 07-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CNC
After waiting 8 months to try my new toy I took her out Friday. Idled past the pier in Ludington, applied power slowly to climb on plane, then the port motor revs way up like it lost a prop. No gear.. Idle back into the harbor can smell burnt clutch in the engine compartment. Bam Cyborg toasted..... transmission was full of oil still. Any ideas why? I'll post to the drive section too. Was this because it sat for 2 years??
I never test drove the boat, I bought it late last fall, everything else on the boat is excellent.

Randy
Randy, I will give your username to a marine tech in Toledo. He has experience with those trannys. He can point you in the right direction. Richard
Old 07-08-2009, 06:54 AM
CNC
Registered

Picking up the trans this afternoon, w/luck I'll try again this weekend

Randy
Old 07-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CNC
Picking up the trans this afternoon, w/luck I'll try again this weekend

Randy
Did you connect with Jon?
Old 07-08-2009, 06:40 PM
CNC
Registered

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Did you connect with Jon?
No Richard,
I never had any contact. I ended up using a friend, the owner of Precision Power in Spring Lake. He knows them well, and had it done in less than 48 hrs. The clutch pack was gone, toasted and the pump was scored up badly too and had to be replaced. I hope the other one is OK?

Randy
Old 07-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CNC
No Richard,
I never had any contact. I ended up using a friend, the owner of Precision Power in Spring Lake. He knows them well, and had it done in less than 48 hrs. The clutch pack was gone, toasted and the pump was scored up badly too and had to be replaced. I hope the other one is OK?
Randy
Randy, Good deal. Helps when you have a professional close by. Get'er back in the water. Richard
Old 07-21-2009, 08:13 PM
CNC
Registered

Well transmission back in, went for test run motor won't spin past 2000 rpm, can't get on plane. Arrrrrrrggggggggggggggg $HIT. Carb problem??? Going back to basics. running a 17.5 x 31 cleaver. Barry Grant King Demon carb Size??? cam??? I just don't know...frustrated.
I'm usually good at this..... pulling my hair out.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any luck?
Old 08-08-2009, 12:40 PM
CNC
Registered

Hey John,
I'm getting there, I can idle all day w/out fouling plugs. Did that last Saturday when starboard motor quit. I thought it was another MSD failure. When I went to remove the coil wire from the distributor to test the MSD it just fell off the top of the coil, turned out to be burnt off along w/the coil tower. No one can come up with a reason why the coil tower burnt off. Replaced the coil, now I got a weekend of rain.....

Randy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.