Notices

Awesome

Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 AM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome

Still LOVE my 31 thundercat !! Just finished the spring clean tun up and refiurb for this season- will make LOTO for the races and Ponchatrain for the Memorial day- Hope their are still some interest in this group to keep the mark from total obscurity! Hello to all and have a goog boating season- James
Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Registered

hello james! glad to hear yours is ready,the weather is right for boating,hope you have an enjoyable season.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

James------Glad to hear that you are ready to go and enjoy your 2010 summer. I will have to wait till 2011 to boat at LOTO.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:13 PM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

Lake Hamilton

Ran 102 this weekend and will be back saturday for more fun on the lake- Love my AWESOME!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

james hi have a great summer of boating my friend
Old 06-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ours have been running awesome as well, I have seen 110 a few times this summer, Our 31 will be in Put In Bay this weekend as well as my buddies 26, enjoy
Old 06-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered

We need to have a AO Awesome Chris cat Shadow get together.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:13 AM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

HELP!! developed a leak port gas tank- any ideas how to get it out for repair?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jbbeard
HELP!! developed a leak port gas tank- any ideas how to get it out for repair?
James, Sure it is the tank? Not a fitting or hose? If truly the tank and it's gotta be replaced, see the attached pics. I believe taking it out thru cockpit liner would be easier then opening up the engine compartment bulkhead and stringer. Glasdave has worked on my boat (several times) and is familar with the fuel tank placement. I will ask Dave about the correct method of tank removal/replacement.
Attached Thumbnails Awesome-starboard_fuel_tank_removal.jpg  
Old 07-03-2010, 10:52 PM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
James, Sure it is the tank? Not a fitting or hose? If truly the tank and it's gotta be replaced, see the attached pics. I believe taking it out thru cockpit liner would be easier then opening up the engine compartment bulkhead and stringer. Glasdave has worked on my boat (several times) and is familar with the fuel tank placement. I will ask Dave about the correct method of tank removal/replacement.
Thank you. I looked at the rear of the tank and removed the foam so i could see from the top to the botton of the tank so I could see the whole backside. Unfortunatly, the gas is coming from beneath the tank and is flowing both forward and sternward into both bildge areas. I had to drain the tank dry and replumb the port engine to feed off the starboard tank so my capacity is cut in half. I will try to borescope the tank and determine if a repair is possible through the sender unit hole. Probally gonna have to remove the tank and have it welded and appreciate any advise on removal of the port tank- Thanks = James

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.