Project Awesome responses >

Project Awesome responses

Notices

Project Awesome responses

Old 01-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rich,

Is it gonna see water in 2011? My wife and I are placing bets again! Ive lost the last 3 years in a row
Old 01-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FstBoats
Rich,

Is it gonna see water in 2011? My wife and I are placing bets again! Ive lost the last 3 years in a row
e

YES. No large contracts from MSP. 2011 will be a much smaller contract. Time for boat project. PM sent.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess speed numbers are out of the question?

Did you ever weigh the boat without the motors and rigging?

Did you redo the interior seats?
Going to pull out the interior soon and have it all redone.

I am like you. Start with one thing, by the time we finish it, the whole boat has been redone.

Its like a drug, we always want more!
Please send us some pics, looks like an amazing project to follow once I do mine.

Did you redo the fuel tanks?, Mine is a 96 and wondering if they had problems. I hope not, mine has three, with one under the back seat, Yes, under the back seat sideways.

Talk to you soon,
Jeff
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by STV192
I guess speed numbers are out of the question?

1) Did you ever weigh the boat without the motors and rigging?

2) Did you redo the interior seats?
Going to pull out the interior soon and have it all redone.

I am like you. Start with one thing, by the time we finish it, the whole boat has been redone.

Its like a drug, we always want more!
Please send us some pics, looks like an amazing project to follow once I do mine.

3) Did you redo the fuel tanks?, Mine is a 96 and wondering if they had problems. I hope not, mine has three, with one under the back seat, Yes, under the back seat sideways.

Talk to you soon,
Jeff
Jeff, Right to the questions.
1) No. The hull is bare with the exception of the cabin carpet. Plan on getting the hull weighted before I start installing anything.
2) Yes. McLeod did the seats, front and back. Engine hatch. Dash cover panel and both side cockpit liner panels. Speaking of the engine hatch, Sparky Olsen made some real nice hatch inserts for me. They will give me about an extra 4 inches of clearance for the large oval flame arrestors. Nothing visable from the top side. No alterations to the nice hatch cover that Michael made. The new Brodix intake manifold is really tall along with the height of the KE arrestor.
3) No. Both in physically great condition. No leaks. Mine are drop in aluminum 60 gallon units each. Typical (1) in each sponson. Yours are?

Yes, one thing leads to another, and another, and another. Or the typical, oh what the hell. Might as well fix that or redo this "While I am In there".

Last edited by ROTAX454; 01-03-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same 3, 60 gallon tanks, which are also aluminum,
Glad to know they hold up.
Every now and then I smell fuel if the cover is on for a couple of weeks (outboards?) But dont see any fuel leaks or open fuel vents.

Got to love the third gas tank, under the back seat (side to side). Dont know who had that brain storm! Turn hard with less then 1/4 tank & the middle motor shuts down,

I have a fuel gauge which died on my last run.
Do you know where I can find the sender in the tank?

Talk to you soon, got to figure out how to post pics.
Maybe get my kids to do it for me
Old 01-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like you have made some great progrss. Awesome project thanks for sharing
Old 01-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Looks like you have made some great progrss. Awesome project thanks for sharing
Thanks Mike. Please do keep us informed (with pics too) of your tunnel tab project. I have my tunnel tab on the back burner right now. Working with Sparky Olsen and his expertise in design and manufacture. Here is a roughpic of what I had drawn up. Design moving toward a dual adjustable strut rather then hydro cylinders.
Attached Thumbnails Project Awesome responses-bare-transom-tunnel-tab-2.jpg  
Old 01-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Thanks Mike. Please do keep us informed (with pics too) of your tunnel tab project. I have my tunnel tab on the back burner right now. Working with Sparky Olsen and his expertise in design and manufacture. Here is a roughpic of what I had drawn up. Design moving toward a dual adjustable strut rather then hydro cylinders.
Here's a few pics of the route I'm going, they were taken in KW last Nov. 1" polyethelene sheet, hinged to transom w/ 2- Latham Trim cylinders. The one pictured is rigid mounted using angle instead of a hinge, as I said mine will be hinged. The plan is to also fab up some vertical pieces out of Alum that will be positioned on both sides of the tunnel opening so as to almost create a tunnel extension & keep the air from escaping around the edges of the tab itself. It won't be perfect because you see theres no real way to include the upper angled corners of my tunnel
Attached Thumbnails Project Awesome responses-ttab2.jpg   Project Awesome responses-ttab3.jpg   Project Awesome responses-skater-trlr-stern-hyde-park.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 01-11-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Registered

Making the tab to "trap" as much air as possible. There is the challenge. Considering we are working with a tunnel design that is not just one flat dimension. Please keep pics and details. I will do the same.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rich,

Project looks great, and it was good talking with you. Hope to help you out with this project soon.

XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.