Jim k ex Awesome owner final ride to hell >

Jim k ex Awesome owner final ride to hell

Notices

Jim k ex Awesome owner final ride to hell

Old 08-31-2012, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infamous Awesome Boats

Ah yes, Klym, I knew the man since the early 70's when he was building boats out of storage buildings on 12 mile rd. in Warren Mi. and outfing junk yard big blocks in them. The engines got a power wash, oil change, and chrome valve covers. The bill of sale on the vessel would list it as a "Hi Performance Chevrolet" as quite often he had no idea of the displacement. In short he owned Custom Speed Marine, Dynamic Marine, Aero Boats and Awesome Powerboats not to mention some others. Awesome was sold to Bob Metzler then named Predator Boats reaquired after a lawsiut and ultimately it's bankruptcy. I could go on but that's an earfull enough for now
Old 08-31-2012, 08:04 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by csports9
Ah yes, Klym, I knew the man since the early 70's when he was building boats out of storage buildings on 12 mile rd. in Warren Mi. and outfing junk yard big blocks in them. The engines got a power wash, oil change, and chrome valve covers. The bill of sale on the vessel would list it as a "Hi Performance Chevrolet" as quite often he had no idea of the displacement. In short he owned Custom Speed Marine, Dynamic Marine, Aero Boats and Awesome Powerboats not to mention some others. Awesome was sold to Bob Metzler then named Predator Boats reaquired after a lawsiut and ultimately it's bankruptcy. I could go on but that's an earfull enough for now
Like i said above you could make a movie about this idiot you have only hit the things he did in the past they are nothing like what he has been upto in the last 15 years.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:06 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by csports9
Ah yes, Klym, I knew the man since the early 70's when he was building boats out of storage buildings on 12 mile rd. in Warren Mi. and outfing junk yard big blocks in them. The engines got a power wash, oil change, and chrome valve covers. The bill of sale on the vessel would list it as a "Hi Performance Chevrolet" as quite often he had no idea of the displacement. In short he owned Custom Speed Marine, Dynamic Marine, Aero Boats and Awesome Powerboats not to mention some others. Aero was sold to Bob Metzler then named Predator Boats reaquired after a lawsiut and ultimately it's bankruptcy. I could go on but that's an earfull enough for now
You are being to kind Dad! lol

Gary you are right on; a complete POS!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisSunsation
You are being to kind Dad! lol

Gary you are right on; a complete POS!
Chris to think it all started in your Dads driveway when I bought Jim's first offshore hull a 24' Cheetah back in 1974. Than your Dad bought one and the rest is history, all our friends had to have one. By 1976 Lake St Clair had more of Jim's boats than any other offshore out there. A rattle can of black spray paint was Jim's best friend.
Attached Thumbnails Jim k ex Awesome owner final ride to hell-cheet-0003.jpg   Jim k ex Awesome owner final ride to hell-cheetah-h2o.jpg  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I,m to old to wait for the movie, so now that he is gone, how about hearing some of the stories about his last 15 years. I don,t watch much tv, but I love sitting in front of my computer, and reading about some good stories. LOL
Old 08-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Chris to think it all started in your Dads driveway when I bought Jim's first offshore hull a 24' Cheetah back in 1974. Than your Dad bought one and the rest is history, all our friends had to have one. By 1976 Lake St Clair had more of Jim's boats than any other offshore out there. A rattle can of black spray paint was Jim's best friend.
Is that the house on Hillcrest?

I remember Dad's for sure and Al's. Did he put jet drives on a lot of them? I've seen a few throughout the years.

I remember going with dad when he went against his better judgement and had the 31 cat built. I think he used all of his vacation just to keep an eye on him. Luckily we didn't get screwed.

I know many others that have and it doesn't matter if you were a blood or not!

Good to hear from you Mark haven't seen you this summer.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by 350scarab
I,m to old to wait for the movie, so now that he is gone, how about hearing some of the stories about his last 15 years. I don,t watch much tv, but I love sitting in front of my computer, and reading about some good stories. LOL
I may open up and talk about it somtime but i got screwed so bad even after all these years it still pisses me off so bad that what jim did to himself i think is just fine with me .

Before i open up about his recent things that i heard about i want to have all my facts straight.

But im sure mark and daryl can tell some good stories about him they new him longer than me.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Racer
Racer

Chris he did a lot with jets back then and with the stern power drive he loved them.

You werent getting anything from merc that cost money.

Mark was that your vega at the end of the driveway you would look sexy in that lol.

Last edited by gary cook; 08-31-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the response, Gary, I know how you feel. I hate liars, thieves and crooks as well.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by gary cook
Chris he did a lot with jets back then and with the stern power drive he loved them.

You werent getting anything from merc that cost money.

Mark was that your vega at the end of the driveway you would look sexy in that lol.
Yes Gary that was my new 1974 Vega GT I was on top of the world back then with my new toy's. I raced this boat in the APBA modified class against the Wolverine back then and got my butt kicked, but at least I finished the 80 mile race. I bought this hull from Klem with the jet drive, than Daryl & I re rigged it with a big block that Daryl built. Yes Chris thats your old house where we did all the work on it. Looking back little did we know what we were getting ourselves into..
Attached Thumbnails Jim k ex Awesome owner final ride to hell-cheeta-h2o-14.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.