Jim k ex Awesome owner final ride to hell

Notices

Jim k ex Awesome owner final ride to hell

Old 08-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Yes Gary that was my new 1974 Vega GT I was on top of the world back then with my new toy's. I raced this boat in the APBA modified class against the Wolverine back then and got my butt kicked, but at least I finished the 80 mile race. I bought this hull from Klem with the jet drive, than Daryl & I re rigged it with a big block that Daryl built. Yes Chris thats your old house where we did all the work on it. Looking back little did we know what we were getting ourselves into..
Seeing the m-77 i remember the boat now that was a long time ago hell i was in 9th grade when you raced it for the first time.

Pretty cool.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Gary, not to Hijack this thread, but Do you know where I can get a 1/4" thick spacer for a standard Bravo drive. when Jim K cut in my drives one side is 1/4' higher, and needs to be changed..
Old 09-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mark ,Jims old molds where on craigs list for sale out on 26 mile in Casco.I guess someone bought them all except the big cat? Have you heard anything on this buyer?
Old 09-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by detroitmagnum
Hey Mark ,Jims old molds where on craigs list for sale out on 26 mile in Casco.I guess someone bought them all except the big cat? Have you heard anything on this buyer?
There out by Church Rd on 26 mile. Jim must have had extra molds stored there ???? From what I remember 30' & 36' cat molds & many half built stuff. Everything been out in the open for many years, they look more like swimming pools but my be useable.

Last edited by h2oboater; 09-04-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary, I remember the huge mess Dan Humes got into when he bought a 32 Cat from Klym and built the PEPPERS boat ( EXIDE later )......... It was still wet with glass for months and months. I was the fixer/mechanic/gofer back then and put a lot of reglassing in that mess......... I don't remember but I think Danny ended up with it for a song after the law suit, but I do remember what a slippery dude JK was even back then ...................... 'Klyms Gems' ............ Sounds like he treated everyone the same way........
Old 09-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. I take a few days off and shet hits the fan. Never met (do I consider myself lucky?) JK , so can't say anything negative about the man. As for Jim Jones is concerned, he never did me wrong. Did everything he stated without issue.

Now what JJ did to others, that is a whole other BIG story/stories. Let this pics serve as a storyline for the "Jim Jones Boat Caper's".

Boat #1) 38 Awesome Warcat - new being built
Boat #2) 31 Awesome cat - new without power/drives
Boat #3) 38 Fountain Express Cruiser - used trade-in (sorta)
Attached Thumbnails Jim k ex Awesome owner final ride to hell-38-dash-windshield.jpg   Jim k ex Awesome owner final ride to hell-38-windshield.jpg  
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered

Wow sounds like a real mess. I bought a Manning from one of the Jims around 2000 for my Awesome Even that simple deal felt sketchy, had to pay upfront and wait a month for it to be built. Looking back I'm glad I didn't get burned.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by gary cook
Before any body slams me for being cold let me say i could not stand the guy and im not the only one.
I would shed a tear and feel bad about loosing my lab more than him.

That being said jim took his life on aug 16 when the police were going to take him to jail they were at his trailer to pick him up and he took the cowardly way out he shot himself.

He had some serious bad charges against him i wont get into that but i will say the world will be a better place without him.

I also will say i new jim for over 25 years even i couldent believe he could be as bad as he was RIP jim (HELL)

Also dont think bad of me for the things ive said i thought he was a friend at one time he was very bad man its just to bad he dident end up in jail but then we would have to pay for that to so maybe he did every body a favor.
I knew Klem in the early 70's and later. He was crook and scammer then. We called him "Junk yard Jim" as he installed junk yard motors in blank hull he bought. Cleaned , painted the motors, added chrome valve covers, jet drives, and sold the complete boat as " new ". I'm surprised someone didn't off him years and years ago !!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Registered

Hi Gary

Just read this and made a statement. Everything thing you said about that pond scum is true and more !

G. in FL

Last edited by FormulaFL; 09-07-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered

Default Klym's Legacy??

Believe it or not, got a call from Klym's daughter Mary. We think he screwed his customers, what he did to his wife and daughter was a step worse even for Klym. Mary is looking for where he was hiding his 38 cat so they can recoup some of the damage he had done to her and her mom Joan. If any one has a idea I think it'd be cool to get one back on Klym.
Oh yeah, the rumor on Mark his son from the marrige with Joan was not true he died in his 40's from heart damage suffered in a snowmobile accident, not drugs. I remember it was a nasty one that almost killed him at that time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.