comments on awsome signature 38

Notices

comments on awsome signature 38

Old 12-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 416 Likes on 280 Posts
Default comments on awsome signature 38

I've seen 2 on yachtworld.com

a 99 with stock HP 500 carbed (boooo...)http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1999.../United-States

and a 2002 with 600's.http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2002.../United-States

how fast would the 500 run? are they good boats? really never heard of those boats, positive either negative...

I would think the one with 500's, because of the small power, would be worth less than the asking 89 k, right?

a 99 motion 35 is advertised since... long time ago at 65k...http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1999.../United-States

comments?

thanks!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 416 Likes on 280 Posts

anyone?

not good boats?
Old 12-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 294 Likes on 103 Posts

basically I am not the best person to answer but I would rather try to help then leave you hanging.

I was very interested in buying a 38 myself but decided against it. The look just seemed to outdated for me, but its still a sweet boat that I respect.

I do boat with a friend that has a 2001 he built new. He loves it and I have seen nothing negative come from it. He claims it handles the rough amazing, talking lake michigan rough! He has seen over 100 easy, not sure hp cause he likes to keep some secrets, but its a bravo boat with some type of built 502s, higher x dimension then the majority of them, and maybe 500-650hp, again just guessing on the hp. But it easily runs over 100 but not over 115.

I have heard the latest models were not made as good as the earlier. My memory is foggy but the company changed hands and the newest owner did not build them as quality. So some of the 2006?? might have had some delamination problems. Who knows, just what I remember researching. Not as fast as other cats on the market. Heavy. Large Cabin with room to sleep 4. Head is small but usable.

Still A LOT of boat for the money, and anything can be fixed. If you like the boat buy it, have a survey, just like any boat.

People say Baja's are JUNK everyday. I have had ZERO problems with anything BAJA has made or installed on any of the 3 I have owned. I was raised on a checkmate and disliked Baja's also, mostly just cause Dad had a checkmate and it was all in fun. Once I owned one I was sold, so kept buying them. Anyone who takes a 100mph ride in my current is sold also!

Good luck on your research and enjoy your shopping!

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 12-27-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeff32
I've seen 2 on yachtworld.com

how fast would the 500 run? are they good boats? really never heard of those boats, positive either negative...

a 99 motion 35 is advertised since... long time ago at 65k...http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1999.../United-States

comments?

thanks!
1) Speed wise. That hull needs 600+ to get to 100. Anything less will be simply less speed.
2) HUGE difference between the 35 Motion and the 38 Awesome. Not even in the same league. Each will net you a totally different boating experience. IMHO.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
1) Speed wise. That hull needs 600+ to get to 100. Anything less will be simply less speed.
2) HUGE difference between the 35 Motion and the 38 Awesome. Not even in the same league. Each will net you a totally different boating experience. IMHO.
Rotax 454 hit it right on the head two different boats all together awesome would be a much more family boat motion is more toward a day boat much smaller.
That being said the 38 needs aleast 600 to break 100 mph none of the 500hp boats could do that infact most ran in the mid 80 to 90 mph range with 500 hp.
The one problem the 38 had is when they streached the boat from the one it was copied from the tunnel got small in the rear so it lost some of its compression so a tunnel tab would help this hull some and i would bet it would pickup some speed and pack air better.
Great family boat and if you dont want to the fastest guy on the lake its a good boat tons of room its a big 38.
The only problem they had was there were a couple that had a breakage in the tunnel between the engines.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got a 06 38 with 575's did some upgrades when it was refreshed and new blower shop superchargers with 7lb of boost now 675hp runs 110, haven't heard about putting a tab on it, sounds interesting, know anyone who has done it and the results
Old 12-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by senza
got a 06 38 with 575's did some upgrades when it was refreshed and new blower shop superchargers with 7lb of boost now 675hp runs 110, haven't heard about putting a tab on it, sounds interesting, know anyone who has done it and the results
Not on a 38 that i know of but any cat that needs a bigger tunnel or to pack more air a tunnle tab can help but you have to be carefull its possible to pack to much and you pick the boat right up or loose steering.
I ran a cat with a tab and we lost steering when we came into a corner with it left down so if you do one take your time and learn what it does and research as much as you can about doing one.
Also look at the running surface on the last 10 feet of the boat see if it has a hook all of the 30 footers had hooks that need to be filled it works like a trim tab while the boat is packing air its being pushed down by the built in tab.
Free speed and if you can get it to pack air at a slower speed better milage i think this could help the 38 because its a wet boat at slower speeds.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting, it likes to sneeze slower speeds, 50 to 60, then gets a little stern hop at 60 to 70, then at 70, it just litterly jumps out of the water when it packs up air, a great ride even in rough water right straight thruogh to max speed, sounds like the tab might work at the 50-70 range.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2002 will run over 100. The owner takes great care of his boats. He used to own my Phantom. I would buy it if i was in the market. I would bet Jeff keeps it looking beter than new. He is a freak about his boats being clean and well maintained.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Gary864
The 2002 will run over 100. The owner takes great care of his boats. He used to own my Phantom. I would buy it if i was in the market. I would bet Jeff keeps it looking beter than new. He is a freak about his boats being clean and well maintained.
I agree with gary i have seen that 2002 and it is a very nice boat plus it has a much better drive and engine package than the 1999 .
The 2002 was after jim jones bought company from the A- hole so the boats were getting better because jimmy was trying to improve the boats the best he could fit and finish were better interiors were better and if i remember correctly they were trying to make the boats lighter without loosing strength.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.