31 awesome cat problematic areas? >

31 awesome cat problematic areas?

Notices

31 awesome cat problematic areas?

Old 01-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gary cook
If you can find a later model boat and don't want be the fastest guy around the 500 hp engine package is really good and low maintenance factor .
Just as a example they did one with 454 300 hp and it went low 70"s
Listen to Gary. Knows what he is talking about. My original package (second owner) was the Merc 7.4L magnum 330hp package. Low compression with a 4750 WOT rpm and 87 octane fuel. Ran 70 all day with "nothing special" 28 bravo props and standard bravo drives. Ultra low maintenance. Fuel it and go.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Registered

Phil: No. Been track riding my Aprilia. Now time to get the boat back on the assembly timeline. So looking forward to getting back in the water this year.
C1000: I will be updating my project thread soon and keep it up to date as the project moves forward. Thank you.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dsmawd350
I ended up buying a very clean 28 tall deck daytona from havasu. Think I'll be alot happier with it in the end
Good you found a boat that meets your requirements. But, really a different (beyond the manufacturer) boat, hull wise. I will start a new thread on the subject matter.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im aware Of the differences the eliminator is 10x better fir and finish, better looking boat, much faster running boat, and imo as nice or nicer cabin. I boat inland water so the weight and true tunnel of the awesome.isn't that big of a deal. My eliminator also wont hop at any speed especially not at 70-80 like the awesome right where I'd like to cruise
Old 01-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Listen to Gary. Knows what he is talking about. My original package (second owner) was the Merc 7.4L magnum 330hp package. Low compression with a 4750 WOT rpm and 87 octane fuel. Ran 70 all day with "nothing special" 28 bravo props and standard bravo drives. Ultra low maintenance. Fuel it and go.
Rotax lets see some pics and a run down on your beast .
Old 02-16-2016, 12:44 PM
Registered

Gary, Blew my knee out with Track riding my Aprilia late last year. Still in rehab and waiting for ligament surgery. So my winter plans for boat assembly has been delayed. Motors are done. I just need to finish dressing them out prior to the dyno time. Look for updates on my sticky.