31 awesome OB conversion >

31 awesome OB conversion

Notices

31 awesome OB conversion

Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ds157
Ben that looks mint! Man where did you find that bracket? I’d love to get my hands on one instead of two small jack plates. I have seen a lot of guys use 25 I guess I’ll stick to that. I’m on a bit of a budget so really wonder what’s the smallest outboards I could run. Not sure what these boats truly weigh empty. I know i can get 225s for great deals but would it be enough
Got lucky a scored the bracket used in Chicago on my way back from picking up the boat. It’s very close to correct dimensionally. I have absolutely no clue what type of power it takes to get them moving for outboards. I do know that I will be about 1400lbs lighter or so than when there were blown bbc’s in place. I’m working on a budget myself. I could spend more but I’m thinking I should have the boat done with fresh promax motors for something in the 15k range. That depends on what I do for lower units and how much money I recoup selling the outdrives etc. I will post all kinds of pics and whatever info I can along the way.

What year is your boat? Is it AO or an Awesome?