Alton Blakley Watersports >

Alton Blakley Watersports

Notices

Alton Blakley Watersports

Old 11-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Alton Blakley Watersports

Most of you have read my thread about an ebay rant. If you haven't, you won't have to go far to find it. Long story short, I've lost a total of now 7 shipping covers and 2 nicer covers for my 25' Outlaw. While I realize it's an auction site and bid what you can, I've lost everytime in the last few minutes. It's always something. I either get pulled away from the computer at work in those minutes or another reason to not be on top of it when the auction ends. I even bid twice as much as the covers had been selling for and still lost. Then someone posted one with a buy it now, and I bought it immediately, then paid immediately. The next day, the seller said it was listed wrong and actually for a different boat. Remember these covers are the ones that come on the boats from the factory and people are beating me with a high bid of $250!!

The point of this thread:

Soon after I started the ebay rant thread, I got a call from Dan at Alton Blakley Watersports in Somerset, KY. He's the salesman that sold me my boat 2 years ago. Dan still had my number and had read the story. He said that he thought they had one of those covers in the attic and one day after work he'd get up there and check. Sure enough, today he called, on his day off, and said that he'd found one for me. Much cheaper than $250 and would ship it if needed. I'll be picking it up one day this week (they're 3 hours away).

Dan went out of his way to help me out with a cover, and I didn't even ask for it. Every experience I've had with these guys has been great. I've had 2 minor issues with my boat since buying it, and both couldn't have been handled any better.

I just wanted to say how pleased I am with the thoughtfulness of this Baja dealer. They definitely take care of their customers...
Old 11-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Registered

Default Re: Alton Blakley Watersports

Alton Blakelys are stand-up people. Very customer oriented. I've posted my story before about their help on a July 4th week-end.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:12 PM
VIP Member

Great customer service is a rare commodity these days. Don't the other guys realize that this is how you earn loyalty from customers??
Old 11-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smitty
Great customer service is a rare commodity these days. Don't the other guys realize that this is how you earn loyalty from customers??
They've got mine. Their's even a Baja dealer less than 20 miles from my house that I drive by when going to Blakley's.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought my 25 Outlaw from Dan, and I was very pleased with the good service. I buy any Baja parts I need from them also, Josh always gives me great service.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are very nice people and this is a good example of how customer service is suppose to be.

Dan sold boats to two of my friends and even delivered one to North Carolina. Josh in the service department has been a great help to me several times and is very easy to do business with.

They also treated me like a customer each time I came to the Lake Cumberland Poker Run.

They would sure be on my short list to buy a boat from.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steel Outlawed
Josh always gives me great service.
That's a little too much info Jeff!