Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did things go?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SOX
So how did this stroy end? And how is the boat running today?
It's running great. thanks. 80 hours or so and zero issues with the motor so far. It runs like a champ and has since day one. Now I just need a faster hull!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Baja_man
How did things go?
In the end it went well... here's the deal....

I got nothing but run around from the salesman at the dealership AND customer service at Baja. So, after two weeks of b.s. I contacted the President of Baja.
He was extremely helpful. A real stand up guy. He apologized for this happening and made my situation a priority with customer service.
Within a few hours there were a number of options available to me, including replacing the engine at the dealership.

However, at that time, my only contact at the dealer was the salesman -who turned out to be a complete tool.
So my attitude toward that dealership was I didn’t want them touching anything, let alone performing an engine swap on a 600sci. So I said thanks, but no way.

Also, during that time, I spoke with a number of people at MercRacing and was gaining confidence that the motor was most likely fine.
I knew they were built to be run hard and I knew they were run hard on the dyno immediately upon first fire...... but it was nice to hear it from the pros.
So, over time my main concern shifted from being pissed at Baja for running my new boat hard... to only being pissed about paying new money for a used boat.

I thought about it for a while and called David Olson again, suggesting we adjust the price of the boat to compensate for the hours, the testing, etc. etc.
They came back to me with a nice offer, I agreed with the number and they cut me a check.

By the way,
That tool of a Salesman moved on and as it turns out, the dealership itself - Westport Marine on Lake Norman - is a great place to deal with!
Everyone I've dealt with there since has been fantastic! From Jamie in sales, to Shannon in service, to Keith in warranty to the guys & girls around the marina and pumps
they are all great people and I enjoy dealing with them. I would highly recommend Westport to anyone.

Last edited by socalstone; 01-04-2008 at 10:20 AM. Reason: was turning into a book!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

I love hearing about stories where the involved parties work things out! I am glad it worked out for you!

Dave Olsen is a stand up guy from what I have seen. I think he will be a great leader for Baja and continue to grow the company.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Registered

So what are the numbers you are seeing?
Old 01-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by socalstone
By the way,
That tool of a Salesman moved on and as it turns out, the dealership itself - Westport Marine on Lake Norman - is a great place to deal with!
Everyone I've dealt with there since has been fantastic! From Jamie in sales, to Shannon in service, to Keith in warranty to the guys & girls around the marina and pumps
they are all great people and I enjoy dealing with them. I would highly recommend Westport to anyone.
I'll second that. I rack store there and they have been pretty good to work with. They scratched my boat pretty bad when putting it away last September and had it fixed at there own expense in two weeks.

They did all of my warranty work with no questions asked and they weren't the dealer that I bought it from.

There gas is pretty reasonable too...
Old 01-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Registered

Glad to see it all worked out for you.. That is a sweet set up..
Old 01-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by five cent worth
I'll second that. I rack store there and they have been pretty good to work with. They scratched my boat pretty bad when putting it away last September and had it fixed at there own expense in two weeks.

They did all of my warranty work with no questions asked and they weren't the dealer that I bought it from.

There gas is pretty reasonable too...
five cent, I'm glad you've had good experience with them. I know I probably sounded 50/50 on them at best last May, but it turned out to be only because of that tool salesman who no longer works there. Westport Marine is top notch.

We'll have to hook up next summer! Welcome to Charlotte.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
I love hearing about stories where the involved parties work things out! I am glad it worked out for you!

Dave Olsen is a stand up guy from what I have seen. I think he will be a great leader for Baja and continue to grow the company.
Thanks man. yeah, it's a shame it happened in the first place, but with people like DO around making things right, I suppose it all balances out in the end.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Baja_man
So what are the numbers you are seeing?
OK I haven't figured out how to get more than one quote into a new post.

I've seen a best of just a tick over 80. like 80.1 or 80.3 that was solo with light fuel and good chop. The reality is upper 70's. With 4 guys and plenty of fuel I've still seen 77-78.

There may be a little more there. I've only tried 2 and a half props so far. (the one that came with the boat is barely worth mentioning)
I can't imagine seeing anymore than another .5 - 1mph with continued testing. So for now it's fine..... but who knows.. a couple of Wildcard's tricks and maybe she'll run 85!

Quick Reply: 600 SCi in a 26 outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.