Baja Poker Run Tour in review 2007

Notices

Baja Poker Run Tour in review 2007

Old 10-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Sure would be nice to have Baja represent out here in the West. They were conspicuosly absent at both Desert Storm and SCOPE. We have to use our personal boats to show off the Baja line! How do we get them west of the Mississippi?
It's a poker run tour and they pretty much go anywhere that a Baja dealer is active in promoting or supporting a local poker run event.

Call your local Baja dealer and get them involved and get the dates on the schedule for next year.

Next year will be another great year with an all new 40 Outlaw with 700's!

They bring lots of giveaways for Baja owners, take LOTS of photos for the tour website, are very supportive to the owners and the really cool thing is the nice articles that show up in the "Full Throttle Magazine".

Call your dealer!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a chance to participate in the Sarasota PR this past weekend with Lucky 7's very beautiful boat. at the lunch stop
I spoke with Jason the driver, what a lucky guy. If I were in my boat I would've only seen him at idle and then a rooster tail going off into the horizon but I myself was blessed with a ride on the 5000V Nortech Predator and we ran pretty much side by side most of the way north. Some days just don't get any better than this. Lucky 7's seemed to ride very nice. I don't post in this section often but I had to share this experience. I shot some video and will post in the videos section once I can figure out how to get them out of my camera.

See you on the water
John
Old 10-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered

I know it's early, but is there any info on a Poker Run Edition Boat for next season? Tha Doc should know!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cauzmik
I know it's early, but is there any info on a Poker Run Edition Boat for next season? Tha Doc should know!
Over the weekend they said it was going to be a 40 outlaw and that they were already working on it. no discussions of power though
Old 10-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by cauzmik
Look at post #21.

I posted there what is it going to be.

40 Outlaw with twin 700's.

The Name, theme and paint job are off the hook, but I am not allowed by law to discuss those at this time.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Look at post #21.

I posted there what is it going to be.

40 Outlaw with twin 700's.

The Name, theme and paint job are off the hook, but I am not allowed by law to discuss those at this time.

We will not tell anybody, share, share, you can trust us
Old 10-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by GoodTymn
We will not tell anybody, share, share, you can trust us
Old 02-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

I tried to tell you guys back in October what the new boat would be.

I was talking with Jay Prestwood and he is VERY excited about driving Split Decision in this years tour.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Registered

Hey Dock Do You Do The Destin Poker Run? Let Me Know As We Might Try It This Year.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by KDAWG
Hey Dock Do You Do The Destin Poker Run? Let Me Know As We Might Try It This Year.
Kevin,

We have done it twice and we really enjoy boating in the Destin area. Year before last we also pulled the boat down for the OSS races.

www.DocksPokerRun.com

The problem I have is that 1000 Islands and the Fox Chapel Lake Erie Poker run are also in August. We have done 1000 Islands with friends and rushed home to do Destin and is was tough. Now after doing the Lake Erie run we are hooked on that and the wife informed me that it was a must do again this year so the odds are we will not make Destin.

It is a BEAUTIFUL area to boat in and I think my favorite. The poker run raises more money for charity they all the others we attend combined which is a good thing. But it is a little different poker run then normal with a very informal start and you just have to hope you and the helicopter catch up with each other. One year we got a ton of coverage and the next year nothing.

You need help down there with launching and loading and slips are hard to find. Also don't be afraid to beach your boat!

If you have an extra day or two I would suggest running over to Alabama. There is a great restruant just after the next inlet East of Destin and it is a beautiful trip over. We usually just cruise the ICW over. One word of caution is that you MUST have a good GPS and current chips for the area. You do not want to get out of the channel in that area of the world. I found it very easy to navigate and Blane with Baja followed us everywhere year before last in Poker Face because he did not know the area. "IT IS SHALLOW".

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can provide any information to help you with the trip.

Dock

PS Here are some shots from Destin.

The first shot is from our hotel room.

The second shot is the wife with Bill Pyburn of Jacksonville while riding in his Fountain to Alabama for lunch. The is Plumbers Crack behind us in the 382 Formula he bought from Fred at Trick Marine.

The resturant!
Attached Thumbnails Baja Poker Run Tour in review 2007-destin-poker-run-august-2006-002-custom-.jpg   Baja Poker Run Tour in review 2007-destin-poker-run-august-2006-012.jpg   Baja Poker Run Tour in review 2007-destin-poker-run-august-2006-043.jpg  

Quick Reply: Baja Poker Run Tour in review 2007

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.