Myco "Pull It In Style" >

Myco "Pull It In Style"

Notices

Myco "Pull It In Style"

Old 10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I did not know that Bill owned the company. I thought he was their sales manager. He was great to deal with and took good care of me.
OK maybe that’s it, I must have just misunderstood. Yea he is a nice guy I met him couple years ago at one of the boat shows.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Registered

Hi Doc. I bought a '02 36 Outlaw with HP 500s last year. Prior to that had a 272 with a 502 totally upgraded and Procharged. Loved the speed of the 272, but love everything else about the Outlaw. The downside is the trailer, its a Nextrail. Last winter I added Kodiac disc brakes on all three axles and a Brakerite electric over hydraulic brake accuator. The braking is superb now, but the trailer still leaves alot to be desired. Talked to Bill Tweedie this morning about a Myco, then I saw your post.

The question I have now is regular trailer or gooseneck. Curious why someone like you that custom orders the best trailer out there would not go with the gooseneck style. I have never owned a gooseneck, but it seems when towing nearly 12,000 lbs. it makes sense to get the weight forward on the truck. I also just added a weight distributing hitch system, because my Chevy Duramax says this is the only way it is rated for 12,000 lbs. Otherwise the rating is 7,500 lbs. Your thoughts?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phaze
Hi Doc. I bought a '02 36 Outlaw with HP 500s last year. Prior to that had a 272 with a 502 totally upgraded and Procharged. Loved the speed of the 272, but love everything else about the Outlaw. The downside is the trailer, its a Nextrail. Last winter I added Kodiac disc brakes on all three axles and a Brakerite electric over hydraulic brake accuator. The braking is superb now, but the trailer still leaves alot to be desired. Talked to Bill Tweedie this morning about a Myco, then I saw your post.

The question I have now is regular trailer or gooseneck. Curious why someone like you that custom orders the best trailer out there would not go with the gooseneck style. I have never owned a gooseneck, but it seems when towing nearly 12,000 lbs. it makes sense to get the weight forward on the truck. I also just added a weight distributing hitch system, because my Chevy Duramax says this is the only way it is rated for 12,000 lbs. Otherwise the rating is 7,500 lbs. Your thoughts?
Sorry for the delay in responding but I'm been traveling a little and haven't had time. We had a 272 before the 36 Outlaw also and consider both of them to have been a good choice.

I really considered the gooseneck but found more disadvantages then advantages.

Pros: Yes it is safer.
But we have proven with over 50,000 miles of trailering that with a good 1 ton dually or better, a true class five hitch, a 16,000 LB capacity ball pintle mount and the Myco that we can do it very safely.

Cons (for me anyway):

Price
I would loose the bed over and storage in the truck.
I could no longer use the Excursion as a backup tow vehicle in case of emergency.
Fewer friends would be able to tow my boat if it became necessary.
I have seen folks with goosenecks have real problems launching and loading at ramps where the parking lot is level but the ramp is a steep drop off.
Resale would not be as good because fewer people want them.

I really thought I wanted to go gooseneck but decided against it.

Which ever way you go you will be very glad you bought a Myco.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered

http://www.dockspokerrun.com/about.asp

Nice web site Dock.

David
Old 11-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Registered

Dock, that's great information on the gooseneck/bumper pull issue. Very much appreciated. Will have to become more involved in the OSO site. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by PurePassion38
http://www.dockspokerrun.com/about.asp

Nice web site Dock.

David
Thanks David.

The website was a birthday gift to my wife who we call the Boat Princess. The funny thing is she was never around boats growing up and did not even know how to swim when I met her. Now she is OBSESSED with performance boating, poker runs and SPEED!

Here she is in Keywest on a 36 Nortech which was her fastest ride to date at 133 MPH and also a picture of her in the chopper with Jeff from Freeze Frame flying over the races.

I've created the BEST kind of monster, one that lets me spend money on the boat!

Dock
Attached Thumbnails Myco "Pull It In Style"-dsc00116-custom-.jpg   Myco "Pull It In Style"-dsc02947.jpg   Myco "Pull It In Style"-dsc02948.jpg  

Old 11-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by phaze
Dock, that's great information on the gooseneck/bumper pull issue. Very much appreciated. Will have to become more involved in the OSO site. Thanks.
phaze there is more knowledge on this site then we can all obsorb in a life time. I have learned everything I know from the good folks here on OSO and I'm glad to have made many friends along the way.

Keep in mind that everyones needs are different and all we can do is share our experiences and give our personal opinions. You know what opinions are! It is up to you then to decide what best works for you.

Good luck and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

P.S. Tell Bill I need a commission check!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Well I have hooked the truck to the new trailer twice this year and pulled it out of the garage to wash it and work on it in the sun. I have got to get these new motors finished and get to boating. It has been since last October that our boat saw the water.

I really appreciate Don Baca at Triad Performance Marine for screwing me over and causing this delay. The only performance he gave me was poor performance.

Maybe we will be boating soon.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Well I sold my boat jacks to a local marine repair center. I am happy to get my money out of them and they are very happy to have them.

Part of the deal was that I would get to use them anytime I need, but I sure hope I never need them again.
Attached Thumbnails Myco "Pull It In Style"-boat-jacks-008.jpg   Myco "Pull It In Style"-boat-jacks-001.jpg   Myco "Pull It In Style"-boat-jacks-004.jpg