Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Progress report for 26 Outlaw

What are the reviews from owners?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:40 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

I don't know that there are many 26 owners on OSO. The word from owners on other sites like TBM is that they love the boat and are very happy.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:31 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

How do you like your 25? What power and speeds?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:13 PM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A buddy of mine has a 26 with a Whippled 496 (600hp) and he is very happy with it. He has run it offshore and on the river, here. Maybe 60 hours, so far.

The hull "sounds" totally different to the 25. Very rigid and strong but just makes a different sort of sound to the older boat as it cuts through waves. Heīs going to keep it for quite a while, and may put even more power in it. It isnīt faster than the 25, but it may well be able to handle more power.
I liked the way it runs , and the cockpit is more generous than the 25. Solid build, lots of practical features.
No more glued in carpets in the cabin, like the 25. That alone is a big step forward in making a boat stay fresh, for many years!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:04 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SOX
How do you like your 25? What power and speeds?
We love out 25. It has been everything we were looking for.

We have the 496HO. The best I have seen on GPS was 66.2mph with the stock 23p mirage plus prop and I was bouncing off the rev limiter. I like the boat better with the 24p bravo four blade and the best I have seen with that is 65.1mph on GPS. I have not done one of those "barely have enough fuel in the tank take everything out of the boat" runs with it. These speeds were basically every day stuff.

The boat with the four blade prop rides better and handles much better. I am down about 150-200rpm though so I will have it labbed over the winter to try and get some of that back. The mid range speed and time to plane are also much better with the four blade. It just seems to be a better overall prop choice.

Plus, it just looks great, if I do say so myself.
Attached Thumbnails Progress report for 26 Outlaw-fall-9-medium-.jpg  
Old 10-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Registered

Matt
She really is quite a beauty ... just love the hull design & color!
Bill
Old 10-18-2007, 08:01 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by haulinvols

We have the 496HO. The best I have seen on GPS was 66.2mph with the stock 23p mirage plus prop and I was bouncing off the rev limiter. I like the boat better with the 24p bravo four blade and the best I have seen with that is 65.1mph on GPS. I have not done one of those "barely have enough fuel in the tank take everything out of the boat" runs with it. These speeds were basically every day stuff.

The boat with the four blade prop rides better and handles much better. I am down about 150-200rpm though so I will have it labbed over the winter to try and get some of that back. The mid range speed and time to plane are also much better with the four blade. It just seems to be a better overall prop choice.

Thanks for the info. And I agree she looks SWEET!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:04 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wild Card 09
A buddy of mine has a 26 with a Whippled 496 (600hp) and he is very happy with it. He has run it offshore and on the river, here. Maybe 60 hours, so far.

The hull "sounds" totally different to the 25. Very rigid and strong but just makes a different sort of sound to the older boat as it cuts through waves. Heīs going to keep it for quite a while, and may put even more power in it. It isnīt faster than the 25, but it may well be able to handle more power.
I liked the way it runs , and the cockpit is more generous than the 25. Solid build, lots of practical features.
No more glued in carpets in the cabin, like the 25. That alone is a big step forward in making a boat stay fresh, for many years!
Thanks for the info. Funny you say the 25 is faster. I thought all of the advertizing had the 26' 1-2 mph faster than the 25. I guess that is the difference between "marketing" and "true" #'s
Old 10-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by haulinvols

try a rev 4 from bblades a 25p labbed it works better than b1s
Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Registered

Wild card the 26 does not have a box right/ SO WHAT IS HE GETTING WITH 600HP 75 76. OH HAVE YOU HEARD FROM LAXBAJA IF HE GOT A BOX IOR NOT???

Quick Reply: Progress report for 26 Outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.