Baja Poker Run Tour

Notices

Baja Poker Run Tour

Old 03-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Baja Poker Run Tour

Well you know I have been thinking about this and talking with folks in the know and we cannot understand for the life of us why Brunswick or why Fountain is not going to run the tour.

Think about this for a minute.

1) The truck and boat are complete and ready.
2) Events were scheduled.
3) Both dealers and customers were counting on it and looking forward to it.
4) Most importantly it would support both dealers and customers and promote a positive image of the company moving forward and help existing dealers sell inventory on hand as the company would look alive and doing business as usual.

How much can it actually cost at this point in the grand scheme of things to do the tour if they are serious about keeping Baja alive?

I would volunteer to travel free, drive the boat and even pay for the fuel to keep the tour going if Jason would get the boat to the events!

Come on Brunswick and Fountain don't cancel the tour. It will be good for business and good for your dealers.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dock,

I agree that the tour is great and should continue. Once some defenitive decisions are announced, I believe we will see some great direction. Reggie and his team knows what they are doing. Once the dust settles their will be a single boat builder with a product line up that spans from open bow family performance, Fishing, Cruiser, and WOT Sport Boat. WOW what a "Full-Throttle Line Up" that will be.

WILL
Old 03-24-2008, 10:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 261 Likes on 145 Posts

I posed that question to my connection too.

It is quite the public relations piece.

I would venture that it's probably more to
do with staffing than anything.

It was usually Jason, and one of the sales reps.

I don't know if they've been offered any jobs yet ?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because anything Baja over 26 feet is going to get axed perhaps? Why show a boat you aren't going to build?

This is a question to ponder, not a statement of facts.

Last edited by c_deezy; 03-24-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I'm with Doc on this one. I would be more then willing to pitch in and drive for a few events. I have a few crew members that would be willing to pitch in also. I'll even go as far as driving it to a couple of other poker runs if that were to help.

What better way to spend the summer.

As for the Poker Run Tour I don't think it is in the cards(no pun intended). I don't think Reggie wants to take away Fountain by promoting a 40 Outlaw.
Here for the Chicago poker run there is a huge following of Fountains and Reggie himself has driven the last two years.

There is some competition there. I know there two completely different boats but he does have a few boats that would compete with the 40. In my opinion if his plan is to continue building the Baja line he need to step up and continue the tour. You would be showing you loyalty to not only the Baja brand but it's customers for wanting to continue the build the Baja brand and what better way to show your current and prospective customers that you want to keep the brand alive.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 30 outlaw 2005
As for the Poker Run Tour I don't think it is in the cards(no pun intended). I don't think Reggie wants to take away Fountain by promoting a 40 Outlaw.
Here for the Chicago poker run there is a huge following of Fountains and Reggie himself has driven the last two years.
I dont see the difference in that and a multi car owner on the Nascar circuit, the owner tries to give them all equal billing. Either way he benefits.

If there is a chance of the tour taking place, looks like they will not have to look far for some help. Perhaps a well written letter signed by us all to Reggie may light a fire. Just brainstorming some ideas. I do know a dealer that is supposed to go down for a meeting to discuss new ideas and direction, so now is the time for our voices to be heard.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Registered
VIP Member

The difference in the Nascar is that the owner owns all GM, Ford... Here your trying to promote to completely different lines. Although I do see your point.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:43 AM
Registered

Received 3,259 Likes on 1,055 Posts

You don't see a "fountain poker run tour boat" do you?

This whole deal is fishy. fountain wasn't exactly doing phenominal with sales prior to this purchase. Sales were declining and losses were reported. I really don't know where they came up with the coin to buy except that I've heard it was a smoking deal. I've also heard this may be Fountains round about way of saving Fountain in these poor economic times.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The TBM "guy" has a direct line to Reggie!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****
I would just like to hear a honest answer to the question, from the new owners mouth.. Why ditch the tour when the equipment is ready to be put into duty.. Blake can you draw up another letter to the General and get us some answers..

Question sent. Usually I have an answer for everything, buuuuuut I dont for this one. I can only guess as reported, SPLIT DECISION is not part of the sale and Baja in its current state is in no mood for a "fun" tour.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boatman22
The TBM "guy" has a direct line to Reggie!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****
I would just like to hear a honest answer to the question, from the new owners mouth.. Why ditch the tour when the equipment is ready to be put into duty.. Blake can you draw up another letter to the General and get us some answers..

Question sent. Usually I have an answer for everything, buuuuuut I dont for this one. I can only guess as reported, SPLIT DECISION is not part of the sale and Baja in its current state is in no mood for a "fun" tour.
Tom you just had to use that avatar didn't you!!!

Quick Reply: Baja Poker Run Tour

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.