Old 04-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And a website!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by crayolacrazy
Hire back some of the people from Baja.Then let Kustom kolors do his magic.Price 225,000to 235,000 with 525s Call them FastAction boats.
100% agree, but they have not even informed the people at Baja this is going on. And some of the Baja people are still working.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best boats are just like a good house they start with a very SOLID foundation. Look back at Apache and Cigarette 15 years ago.

They are still worth as much as they sold for new and just as desirable.

You can always paint them. You can update the seating and dash. You can repower them but only if the hull is ROCK SOLID and worth the investment.

They don't have to be real fancy. They just have to be built right up front. The problems we have had with our 36 Outlaw were all stupid simple things that should never have happened, or never have made it through QC and we had to solve almost everyone ourselves. You don't want to spend good money on a new boat to have to work on it and do what the factory was paid to do.

The boat already has style and with Clayton doing the paint WOW. That will add a LOT of value and will set the boats apart from others.

I hear that the hull has been improved to make it more user friendly from the originals. If it is an 85 MPH boat with 525's it will get respect for 39 feet.

Again the hull has to be rock solid and the rigging needs to look high end.

If you can build a boat like this for the prices Bobby posted then you will sell a lot. I do not know of any 39 foot vee hulls with custom paint that are under $300K.

I do agree with others that the name should be reconsidered. It's not bad but I cannot get real excited about it. I keep thinking that Hitler is behind this project! SORRY

As mentioned above you need to get all your ducks in a row, get the website established and price point. Get this out on the main forums and get the opinions from the big guys. If you go about introducing this new company right you will have won half the battle. But these guys can be brutal so be prepared. Also as mentioned this boat will be above the price point of many current Baja owners and I would completely seperate myself from Baja and move forward.

$250K to $275K would kick the others in the butt with this size, speed and custom paint.

Take a look at how a lot of the West coast boys do it. DCB is a great example.

Good Luck

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 04-08-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by girlluvsboats
100% agree, but they have not even informed the people at Baja this is going on. And some of the Baja people are still working.
Baja is GONE.

There is no changing what has happened.

I would not expect too many jobs to be created in the first few years of business. There are what 200+ people out of work and this could mean a dozen new jobs maybe?
Old 04-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Registered

OK.............you got my attention! I'll be listenning........................................ .................................................. .... Show us triple digit speed and a solid hull with nice rigging in the low $300k ......... then sign me up!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Just my opinion:

1) Brand New Company
2) Unknown product & Builder
3) Depressed Market
4) Price Point target market unknown?

What makes a great offshore boat company?

A winning RACING heritage!

If they really want to make a go of this new product they have to RACE IT and Win!

Since it is based off the Skater "Spiderman" boat and since I hear that Todd Welling is involved I say if they build a nice product, the entry price point is good and they do a nice job campaigning it on the race curcuit and win that they will easily establish themselves and gain a lot of respect in the industry.

Easier said then done but just my opinion.

Without racing they will have a tough time getting anyone to drop $250K and up in a start up boat company.

I hope it does happen and I wish them the best of luck.

It's exciting watching people take chances in this country. Without that we would not know this sport or the great names like Don Aronow or Reggie Fountain.
I am as confused as anyone here but I have to ask a few Q's.

You say "Spiderman Boat" rather than Skater.

You say 'Tod Welling" instead of Peter Hledin.

Are you inferring that Welling workes for Skater or runs Skater or had the V bottom built to his designs at Skater? Or are you saying that Welling is the man behind this new company?

Don't see where Welling comes into this or Skater.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
I am as confused as anyone here but I have to ask a few Q's.

You say "Spiderman Boat" rather than Skater.

You say 'Tod Welling" instead of Peter Hledin.

Are you inferring that Welling workes for Skater or runs Skater or had the V bottom built to his designs at Skater? Or are you saying that Welling is the man behind this new company?

Don't see where Welling comes into this or Skater.
Todd Welling drove the Spiderman Skater boat.

It is rumored that he will be one of the principals of this new company. It is only a rumor and do not know for sure.

If it is true he will be the perfect guy to race the NEW Faction boat.

That is all I am saying.

As far as I know this new venture as nothing to do with Skater.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered

The name definitely could be better, but everything I think of is already taken!

Apocalypse Offshore - Raining fire down on the competition?

Or maybe even Erie Powerboats - born and breed on the greatest of great lakes?

Last edited by c_deezy; 04-09-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Faction" is growing on me for a name.
I wonder what other names were discussed?????
Old 04-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Registered

I have been hearing Jason Billmeyer might be the driver for the first race boat. Pray for rough water, he will win everytime.

Quick Reply: Top Secret...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.