Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
electrical problem >

electrical problem

Notices

electrical problem

Old 04-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you fixed your electrical issue, I thought I would hijack your title.

When I took off my AC panel to hook up the new ac unit, I noticed that the diode on the main breaker was blown and some wiring nearby had the sheathing melted away showing bare copper.
Has anyone seen this or had this happen to them?
The dealer took 2 weeks to get in the breaker, it would have been longer had I not got Sherry Conkel involved from Baja. Well the breaker shows up and there is no Diode attached and the dealer cannot find a schematic with this setup on there. My son is an electrician and has never heard or seen a setup like that, appearantly there are 3 breakers that make up the main, and the diode crosses from the hot of the top to the neutral of the 3rd.

Installing this ac unit most likely just saved the boat, that was a fire waitn to happen. I am thinking the same person on the line installed the electrical that did my stereo, all those cables were labeled wrong and hooked up even worse, I had to re-wire the whole stereo and that was on a brand new boat. The dealer had tried but they only followed the labels on the cables which ended up blowing one of the channels on the amp, which they replaced. Think the QA guy was asleep that day.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They must have been asleep. That is no good though - any potential for a boat fire is never a good thing.

I was impressed with the wiring on the '095 275... everything was well connected, clean and routed very well.