Old 03-06-2002, 09:05 PM
wet pleasure

Here is mine a 1987 280 baja with twin 454. it s for sale
Attached Thumbnails Baja Owners Rides-baja-021.jpg  

Old 03-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

caincando1,

Where exactly do you boat in MN? We do most of our boating north of lock 3 by Treasure Island and even the St. Croix. We do however venture to Lake City once in awhile. It would be cool to hook up some time this summer.
Old 03-07-2002, 08:12 AM
Registered

The campground that we all stay at is 4 miles south of Alma, Wi. We generally stay in that pool. We are starting to go south more to a cove near Fountain City, WI. We do come north into Lake Pepin a couple time a year. The first Friday in May is the annual Rat Run. Its a pretty big get together and we will come as far north as Redwing. We also did a poker run last year all the way up to Treasure Island. Although this year I think we are going to stay south of Red Wing. Just to many cops there for our taste. There where a few other times that we ventured up to Lake Pepin also. I'll try and post a notice if I know we are going North. Unfortunatly we pretty much plan our day as it happens. If your not busy try to hook up with us on May 3rd. We all meet on the beach on the noth side of Lake City. There will probably be 40-50 boats so you won't be able to miss us.

Brian
Old 03-07-2002, 10:18 AM
Registered

That would be cool. I'll put in on my calendar for May 3rd. I'll send you an email as we draw closer to the run. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:56 AM
Registered

Talking

Purchased Feb 2002, 2001 25 Outlaw 496MAG
Just itching to take 'er out for a spin
Attached Thumbnails Baja Owners Rides-out-side.jpg  
Old 03-07-2002, 11:06 AM
Registered

Advantage,
That would be great. There is just one other thing. This is a men only event. Seriously. Woman have never been allowed. Its a mens day out. It was cancelled last year because of the high water. The year before some guy brought his girlfriend. I don't know if he didn't know any better or he though he was better than everyone else. Either way he was pretty much exiled and got the hint.

Check out my homepage there are alot of pictures of where we boat.

Brian
Old 03-07-2002, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Racing_Fan

I love that boat. That's the one that has been sitting up at Full Tilt Marine. I've looked at that boat many times. Have you taken delivery of it yet? If so, I would get about 30 coats of wax on that starboard side ASAP. The entire time it's been up at Full Tilt, the starboard side has been exposed to the afternoon sun everyday but not the port side. I know Full Tilt does not apply wax to their boats that sit in the lot. Also - depending on where you store it, flip it around for a while so that if it is exposed to the sun, the port side will get it for a while to try and even out fading down the road.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:41 PM
rebs24baja

Unhappy sun-fade

Hey Racing-Fan
Also try a blue or silver tarp from a local marine store, like 20'x 30' will cover the whole thing. Once you try flipping her to the other side for a while, This might keep that nasty sun off of her, except for when you are out to play. If you are ever in the bay area near Annapolis let me know. I have a 1988 240 sport and looking for some else in the Baja family to sport around with.

Old 03-08-2002, 12:01 PM
Registered

Hey 29 OUTLAW & rebs24baja,

Thanks for the advice about the fading. I will definitely get some wax on the sides as soon as I can. The storage spot I have is covered but some afternoon sun hits the sides so I will probably purchase a tarp or cover of some sort.

I hadn't thought much about sun fade when I purchased the boat. I had a test drive and took delivery on February 9th, and have been waiting impatiently for some warm weather to arrive. Hoping to hit the water tomorrow...we'll see. Take care

ps. rebs24baja, i will probably try and make it up to the annapolis area by late spring/early summer. i will let you know...
Old 03-08-2002, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Racing_Fan
Hey 29 OUTLAW & rebs24baja,

Thanks for the advice about the fading. I will definitely get some wax on the sides as soon as I can. The storage spot I have is covered but some afternoon sun hits the sides so I will probably purchase a tarp or cover of some sort.

I hadn't thought much about sun fade when I purchased the boat. I had a test drive and took delivery on February 9th, and have been waiting impatiently for some warm weather to arrive. Hoping to hit the water tomorrow...we'll see. Take care

ps. rebs24baja, i will probably try and make it up to the annapolis area by late spring/early summer. i will let you know...
You should come over to the opening of the TIKI Bar in Solomon's Island on the 19th of April. You can tow the boat over and launch at the public ramp just down the road. I will have my boat sitting at Harbor Island Marina right next to the TIKI Bar. The opening draws in excess of 10,000 people. Pretty wild

Quick Reply: Baja Owners Rides

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.