Breaking News >

Breaking News

Notices

Breaking News

Old 07-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmy mcfly
Rick Stone, President of Sea Ray, was determined to destroy it, he did not want anyone, especially ex -employees to have it. The story they will probably use is because of liabilty, but that argument went out the window when they sold the place to Fountain, the liabilty, spin a boat out kings. Let's name the Hall of Shame, First and foremost, BILL REGAN, then a VERY close second, arm around Bill- ROB PARMENTIER and lastly, but not forgotten, RICK STONE! Great job running one into the ground boys, use whatever story you want to sleep at night, but a lot of people know the truth..............

But of course, this is just my opinion........
Maybe Sea Ray has plans to do more than just a new 22' Pachanga (expect official announcement soon), and they want no competition for a bigger version...

Honestly, its very unfortunate when these high level execs get in pissing matches. If these ass-clowns had any business ethics, they would have at least sold the mold to interested buyers. Destroying it is pathetic and wasteful.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jimmy mcfly
Let's name the Hall of Shame, First and foremost, BILL REGAN, then a VERY close second, arm around Bill- ROB PARMENTIER and lastly, but not forgotten, RICK STONE! Great job running one into the ground boys, use whatever story you want to sleep at night, but a lot of people know the truth..............

But of course, this is just my opinion........
Hall of Shame..........I love it!

Bill Regan...........the inspiration for Mr Burns on the Simpsons. Or Krusty the Clown. Or ass-clown combo of the two!
Attached Thumbnails Breaking News-mr-burns-excellent.jpg  
Old 07-14-2008, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tristar,

Maybe your right, but why let the New Hammer X, go with FOUNTAIN??? I think Sea Ray will stick to their same boats.

WILL
Old 07-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Had to get the TBM jab in eh?
What do you expect?

In this thread it was going to happen: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...hlight=faction, now it's not and somehow that's a "scoop"????

Faction didn't have a chance; that was obvious to most.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Tristar,

Maybe your right, but why let the New Hammer X, go with FOUNTAIN??? I think Sea Ray will stick to their same boats.

WILL
I was just trying to be funny about the Pachanga comment. I dont think there would be competition between a Sea Ray performance boat and Bajas, which is why I was confused when the Pachangas were dropped when Baja was bought by Sea Ray/Brunswick.

I still find it very curious that a month after Baja was sold, Sea Ray magically had a 22' Pachanga program that will be officially announced in late August. Im a Pachanga fan, but I really wonder how much of the boat is shelved ideas from years past. Now Im getting off topic.

Its very interesting to me how boat molds get bought and sold, almost like giving new life to an old design. Why did Baja buy the mold in the first place? New direction for design?(at the time at least) Did Baja plan on buying any other "old" molds before they were dumped?

Either way, if nothing else this drama makes the boat industry that much more interesting to me.

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 07-14-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing

I still find it very curious that a month after Baja was sold, Sea Ray magically had a 22' Pachanga program that will be officially announced in late August. Im a Pachanga fan, but I really wonder how much of the boat is shelved ideas from years past. Now Im getting off topic.
There was nothing magical, and no shelved ideas from the past. This would/will be a new model from the ground up.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
There was nothing magical, and no shelved ideas from the past. This would/will be a new model from the ground up.
New model ground up in a few months? Thats magical for most of the engineering firms I have worked for,

Do you know anything more about the new Pachanga 22? Not trying to go too off-topic, just curious since I might consider it if its close to the 80's P22.

My source has gone quiet, and all I know is 70+ mph, red hull for the 50th Anniversary edition, and an official announcement late this August.

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 07-14-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Do you know anything more about the new Pachanga 22? Not trying to go too off-topic, just curious since I might consider it if its close to the 80's P22.
Not the same. New from the ground up. It IS the same hull as the Baja Hammer that was being built and tested when Baja shut down. Baja built the hull and liner for SR. Baja also had the plug for the SR deck nearly complete. SR is finishing it up. SR does not really build anything that goes much over 55 mph. That is why they relied on Baja to do the design and testing. Now they will put their cosmetic touches on the deck and call it a pachanga.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Hall of Shame..........I love it!

Bill Regan...........the inspiration for Mr Burns on the Simpsons. Or Krusty the Clown. Or ass-clown combo of the two!
Beauuutifullll
You won't mind if this becomes my avitar....
Old 07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WOTW2E
Not the same. New from the ground up. It IS the same hull as the Baja Hammer that was being built and tested when Baja shut down. Baja built the hull and liner for SR. Baja also had the plug for the SR deck nearly complete. SR is finishing it up. SR does not really build anything that goes much over 55 mph. That is why they relied on Baja to do the design and testing. Now they will put their cosmetic touches on the deck and call it a pachanga.
Hmm, I love learning new info. How was the hull before being handed over to sea ray? I would Personal Message these questions as to not change the subject of the thread, but I dont seem to have that capability.

Sea Ray seemed to do a decent job designing the P22 in the 80s, Im not sure why they couldnt have done the same this time around.

Once again, thanks for the inside info. The more the better,

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 07-14-2008 at 08:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Breaking News

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.