Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Boss 302 Spartech Windshield (acrylic) >

Boss 302 Spartech Windshield (acrylic)

Notices

Boss 302 Spartech Windshield (acrylic)

Old 07-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boss 302 Spartech Windshield (acrylic)

Does anybody know what a used Spartech acrylic windshield removed from a 2004 Boss 302 is worth? The windshield is in perfect condition. All hardware was saved upon removal.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wwwyohan
Does anybody know what a used Spartech acrylic windshield removed from a 2004 Boss 302 is worth? The windshield is in perfect condition. All hardware was saved upon removal.
Email me I'm interested in it.

[email protected]
Old 07-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wwwyohan
I am almost positive that Spartech Marine no longer has the tooling to produce that windsceen any longer. the wings are cut from flat plex by a pattern, but the center molded piece is what will be hard to find in the future. I worked directly with Spartech on many Baja windscreen designs over the last 20+ years.

XT
Old 07-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Got your email. Shoot me a pic I'm definately interested.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I am almost positive that Spartech Marine no longer has the tooling to produce that windsceen any longer. the wings are cut from flat plex by a pattern, but the center molded piece is what will be hard to find in the future. I worked directly with Spartech on many Baja windscreen designs over the last 20+ years.

XT
I just talked to Spartech a few weeks ago and they have kept the molds for the 38 special (good news for me) I broke that center section that you were refering to on mine. If that 302 windscreen would fit I could find a good home for it
Old 07-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Specialized
I just talked to Spartech a few weeks ago and they have kept the molds for the 38 special (good news for me) I broke that center section that you were refering to on mine. If that 302 windscreen would fit I could find a good home for it
For them to still have the 38 molds is good news.

Both the 38 Special, and 302 used the same windshield as the 272, and 272 Islanders of the same model years. The problem is that the 38 Special was the first model designed and the windshield landing was only 3/4" wide for the windshield to set on. When the 302 was designed we increased the landing area to 1 1/2" wide to help with problems installing the windshields. The vertical surface that the windscreen mounts to is a narrower design on the 302, and was a different windscreen tooling than the 38 Spec. but they are very close in design. A 38 windscreen would be a loose fit on a 302, and a 302 windscreen will be a very tight fit on a 38 Spec. (if it fits at all)

XT
Old 07-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
For them to still have the 38 molds is good news.

Both the 38 Special, and 302 used the same windshield as the 272, and 272 Islanders of the same model years. The problem is that the 38 Special was the first model designed and the windshield landing was only 3/4" wide for the windshield to set on. When the 302 was designed we increased the landing area to 1 1/2" wide to help with problems installing the windshields. The vertical surface that the windscreen mounts to is a narrower design on the 302, and was a different windscreen tooling than the 38 Spec. but they are very close in design. A 38 windscreen would be a loose fit on a 302, and a 302 windscreen will be a very tight fit on a 38 Spec. (if it fits at all)

XT
Thanks for the lesson. I did not think it would work but fortunately the folks over at Spartech have been very helpful considering the Fountain buyout as Fountain did not pick up the parts for anything but the current models. Ordinarily they have told me that I had to go thru a dealer which in turn went thru Baja who then bought them from Spartech but in this case they are allowing me to buy direct which is good as I had been hounding my dealer for months with out much progress. Unfortunately under the old system there seemed to be to many middle men
Old 08-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

They are VERY helpful in having stuff made over at Spartech for anything on a Baja now that Fountain has bought them out. Under previous ownership Brunswich/Baja made them sign a contract NOT to produce anything for a Baja boat, but thankfully now that Baja has been sold all those contracts are null and void and they will reproduce parts of models that are no longer being made. Some of the problems lie though if they still have the molds. My 302 they didn't, but a good friend had one and they reproduced it from his pieces so if you break anything that is acrylic make sure you keep as many pieces as you can for them to reproduce off of and they should be able to make the part.