Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
34' Baja Lemon towed around Miami show??? >

34' Baja Lemon towed around Miami show???

Notices

34' Baja Lemon towed around Miami show???

Old 03-01-2002, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 34' Baja Lemon towed around Miami show???

Does anyone know who the guy is that was towing the 34' baja around the streets of Miami during the boat show week? Something like BAJA's are LEMON's or something like that on the side of it. (THOSE ARENT MY WORDS) Talk about getting exposure!!! Wow!!! Somebody at Baja really pissed him off!!!!! I was just curious if anyone knows his story. I also saw the bajaboats.com site, any connection there??? I've heard of people being unhappy with the manufacturer, but with the bad publicity these guys are putting out there, I can't believe the manufacturer won't work with them....
Old 03-01-2002, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ehhh, It's nothing new, my friend. Not in terms of Baja's sense, but I've heard of stuff like this before. I heard of this particular individual in Miami, but I did not see him personally.

In any event, so what if one or two are upset out of probably tens of thousands. It happens. This tactic is popular down here. I hear of this kind of thing all the time, but mostly with car dealerships. Something like this makes the news once in a while in town. Seems like this guys probably wasn't the easiest to deal with either judjing by the lengths he went through. Hell, I wouldn't want to tow around there, period! I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that phone conversation for sure!

L8R!
Old 03-01-2002, 10:26 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

After several phone calls and E-Mails to the Baja factory,I can totally undrestand that persons frustration,anger and attitude.Like many other manufactures,they can't do enough for you before the sale but aftrerwards you're on your own!!!
Steve
Old 03-03-2002, 11:59 AM
Registered

when did you build a 34 ft baja? I thought they went from 33 to 36, but what do I know, whats up guys is this a really old boat
Old 03-03-2002, 12:34 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

H2Xmark,

The 342 is alive and well. We also considered one when shopping. It is in the performance series of Baja's lineup. The cuddy is much nicer than the outlaw, but it was going to cost exactly the same as our 36 with the same options, so it was a no brainer.

Check it out on their website. They are a nice boat.

Mark
Old 03-03-2002, 07:31 PM
Registered

can not believe I missed that one, I even looked at a 302, the next one up is the 342, DUH were is my brain LoL thanks for setting me straight
Old 03-04-2002, 03:30 PM
MERC575

was it a 34 islander? I've heard they have had a lot of transom trouble on that model. Maybe that was the problem.

Old 03-04-2002, 03:50 PM
Charter Member #1251
Charter Member

MERC575,

Please explain or supply details. I would like to know
Old 03-04-2002, 04:14 PM
MERC575

I've heard that the transom of the 34 islander likes to crack at the edge of the engine well. I heard a couple of these broke so loose the owner was thinking that he was going to loose his engines. I havent seen this with my own two eyes but just what i heard. I heard baja spent alot of time trying to redue the way they build this model but in the end they just added more glass.

Old 03-04-2002, 04:22 PM
Charter Member #1251
Charter Member

MER575,

My mistake, I have the 342 Performance with twin big boys.

Quick Reply: 34' Baja Lemon towed around Miami show???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.