Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
The new Baja's are comming... >

The new Baja's are comming...

Notices

The new Baja's are comming...

Old 08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still want to know how the Fountain built version is 4+mph faster and 200lbs heavier...
Old 08-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered

Man he needs a haircut.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered

looks very nice
Old 08-04-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
I still want to know how the Fountain built version is 4+mph faster and 200lbs heavier...
To start, X-Dim, Prop, Change exhaust (hp), and spending the time to dial it all in.

As for being heavier, let me help, Hydrolic steering, K-planes, extra battery, Fountains Steal heavier fuel tank, Adding more fiberglass to bond top deck and hull. Those are just some of the upgrades that add weight. I don't think the total came to 200lbs but they just rounded it off.

WILL
Old 08-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wild Card 09
GPS Speedometer, I think. Left of the gauge panel above the steps there´s the antenna!
I see the antenna, but look at the gauge. The Livorsi gauge will say GPS in big black letters just above the middle.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
To start, X-Dim, Prop, Change exhaust (hp), and spending the time to dial it all in.

As for being heavier, let me help, Hydrolic steering, K-planes, extra battery, Fountains Steal heavier fuel tank, Adding more fiberglass to bond top deck and hull. Those are just some of the upgrades that add weight. I don't think the total came to 200lbs but they just rounded it off.

WILL

Just curious, was there a reason Baja didnt run that high of an X dimension before? Or optomize the prop? I ask because these are the types of changes that often have side effects, and Im just curious how much acceleration or other areas of performance have been compromised.

Again, just wondering, not trying to start an arguement...
Old 08-04-2008, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Just curious, was there a reason Baja didnt run that high of an X dimension before? Or optomize the prop? I ask because these are the types of changes that often have side effects, and Im just curious how much acceleration or other areas of performance have been compromised.

Again, just wondering, not trying to start an arguement...
Excellent question,
with a higher X-Dim, you have a better chance of blowing the prop out, or sucking air in turns, it can also be harder to get on plane, with the addition of K-Planes, that will fix getting on plane. as for props, Fountain is upgrading those also, say Mirage VS Bravo. Fountain is really dialing them in, water testing every boat,.

WILL
Old 08-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 233 Likes on 117 Posts

Looks like it has Lenco tabs not Kplaines
Old 08-04-2008, 05:21 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Looks an awful lot like a...........baja. If that 71 mph is a GPS # than I am sending back my 27 to reggie and tell him his "superior" boat is slower than its competition and I need something to fix that.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Looks an awful lot like a...........baja. If that 71 mph is a GPS # than I am sending back my 27 to reggie and tell him his "superior" boat is slower than its competition and I need something to fix that.
Yea, that's interesting what do the single step fountain 27's run with the 496ho mag? Mine with the 385hp 454 mag MPI would only break 67 with light fuel and a little chop.

Quick Reply: The new Baja's are comming...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.