Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
The new Baja's are comming... >

The new Baja's are comming...

Notices

The new Baja's are comming...

Old 08-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take it as a compliment that Reggie is impressed with the speed, and handling of our hull design. Don't think for a minute that we did not discuss stepping the Outlaw hull designs at Baja on a weekly basis! Its only natural to think what the other guy has may be better? A 26' running surface is not long enough to benefit from a step bottom design as on Baja's best selling group of models, but a 35' running surface seems to benefit more from them, and that was where the Fountain's did well.

XT
Old 08-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I puked a tiny bit in my mouth while watching the picture tribute to Reginald (while standing on a 26).
Old 08-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by shogren
405. We will have final model selection shortly.
405?

I thought the 405 was gone after the big diaster and redesigned as a 415?

Did Reggie actually build the 26 hull in North Carolina that is in the pictures or was that one built in Bucyrus?
Old 08-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I take it as a compliment that Reggie is impressed with the speed, and handling of our hull design.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by WOTW2E
I puked a tiny bit in my mouth while watching the picture tribute to Reginald (while standing on a 26).
Kind of like hating the new guy in a divorce, and it was not even his fault?
Old 08-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
405?

Did Reggie actually build the 26 hull in North Carolina that is in the pictures or was that one built in Bucyrus?
It looks to me that he would have built this down in NC. I like the trim around the doorway, and side storage holes better. To bad that they do not have a newer 2009 graphic option to show on it. The motorlid headrests look a little different also?

XT
Old 08-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Registered

Boat was wholly built at Fountain. You would think they could come up with their own paint jobs. The Reggie tribute from Reggie himself makes me REALLY want nothing to do with the boat. That boat was fast at Baja when they blueprinted the bottom and ran a lab finish prop.They are not re-inventing Baja.

I really like the comparison to divorce and hating the new guy, that made me laugh, it hits the nail on the head. Even though, I don't like Reggie regardless due to his own arrogance.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
405?

I thought the 405 was gone after the big diaster and redesigned as a 415?

What was the big disaster with the 405? I know it was a liner boat and was told it should never leave the no wake zone, was there failure during testing?

Forgive me if this topic was covered months back, Im just getting back into the boating scene.

Also, blueprinting the bottom. What steps are taken in this process. Im assuming its similar to blueprinting an engine where you make sure every tolerance is hit in the middle of the +/-, but Im unclear how that is possible when dealing with laying fiberglass. Just curious.

It makes me laugh how Reggie comes out saying it will run 71mph, a few mph less probably on gps. So honestly is there any difference in speed once the wish-o-meter gets taken out of the equation? Sounds like some smoke and mirrors. So we gain a few mph with a higher x and a more expensive prop, but lose time to plane and capability in the turns? Oh well. I still feel bad for all the Bucyrus guys.

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 08-05-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I take it as a compliment that Reggie is impressed with the speed, and handling of our hull design.
I think its a compliment on the handling, but a kick in the nuts claiming to be 4 mph faster because of their dialing in. So far at best they can claim they built it to run as fast as ours. I predicted before they built any boat that it was guaranteed to be faster just because it was built at Fountain and thats what people want to believe. Other than that, it looks like they did a great job with the boat and the changes they made. I notice the bow rail is different, and the back seat opens different now.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
was there failure during testing?
I could blow a gasket covering this subject.

Just waiting on someone to give me the green light or get me liquored up and tell some stories!

Quick Reply: The new Baja's are comming...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.