The new Baja's are comming... >

The new Baja's are comming...

Notices

The new Baja's are comming...

Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Reggie canned a lot more people that Brunswick did...
This is exactly what Brunswick wanted the public to think by selling and letting the new owner "can" the workers....happens all the time with greedy corporations.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Outlaw_30
This is exactly what Brunswick wanted the public to think by selling and letting the new owner "can" the workers....happens all the time with greedy corporations.

So he didnt have the option of leaving the plant open in Bucyrus so we could all keep our jobs? Yes, he did have that option and even mentioned it publicly when he knew from the start that it would all be moved to NC.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Well said Brad.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Outlaw_30
As TeamBaja stated, no one had a gun to Reggie's head to close down Bucyrus.

Brunswick has done a lot wrong, but they did NOT close down Baja Ohio...

Remember, it was Brunswick /Mercury Marine that bailed Reggies butt out a few years back; and selling/pawning off Baja to him allowed Reggie to increase the value of his company and not default on loans, etc.

Now destroying a perfectly good Skater 399 mold/hull, now Im still waiting to hear the details on that madness...

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 08-06-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 3,239 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Editor of Powerboat magazine (Gregg Mansfield) is off to NC tomorrow to get a detailed look at the newest Baja off the line and to interview Reggie. Should be a good read.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

At least the jobs stayed in the US, my companies goal is to transfer 50% of our engineering to China and India in the next 3 to 5 years.

Greed sucks.

Did anyone get an offer to move to NC?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
At least the jobs stayed in the US, my companies goal is to transfer 50% of our engineering to China and India in the next 3 to 5 years.

Greed sucks.

Did anyone get an offer to move to NC?
Not that Im aware of, Im sure TeamBaja or one of the other Baja guys can tell you more.

Keep in mind Fountain has also pulled the Baja line from a number of "Baja" dealerships, because they either dont sell Fountain or they sell a major competing brand to Fountain. Everyone can try to glorify Reggie all they want, I dont buy it. Ill save my comments for a few years down the road when this all plays out.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Registered

I'm not a huge Reggie or Rountain fan, nor really a huge Baja fan either, so this is a pretty "unbiased" opinion.

My understanding is that Fountain owed Mercury/Brunswick considerable liabilities. Meanwhile, Baja was a money loser for them with negative cashflows and little sign of changing. They then agreed to "sell" it to Fountain for basically nothing in exchange for reducing some of Fountains liabilities to them.

Therefore, Fountain was basically told to take Baja, and he's trying to make the best of it.

The fact it was not making money at all currently, means that to continue to produce in Ohio would be foolish, to basically expect a better return with the same operation. The only way to save Baja and try and return it to profitability is to maximize economies of scale. This means one factory, mostly redundant employees, etc.

To continue operating Baja as it had been would have put both under.

Just my opinion looking at the outside of this deal, and I clearly could be very wrong. I hope both can recover and grow, but that is definitely a challenge in this economy.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
I'm not a huge Reggie or Rountain fan, nor really a huge Baja fan either, so this is a pretty "unbiased" opinion.

My understanding is that Fountain owed Mercury/Brunswick considerable liabilities. Meanwhile, Baja was a money loser for them with negative cashflows and little sign of changing. They then agreed to "sell" it to Fountain for basically nothing in exchange for reducing some of Fountains liabilities to them.

Therefore, Fountain was basically told to take Baja, and he's trying to make the best of it.

The fact it was not making money at all currently, means that to continue to produce in Ohio would be foolish, to basically expect a better return with the same operation. The only way to save Baja and try and return it to profitability is to maximize economies of scale. This means one factory, mostly redundant employees, etc.

Just my opinion looking at the outside of this deal, and I clearly could be very wrong. I hope both can recover and grow, but that is definitely a challenge in this economy.

Well stated!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676

Exactly

Quick Reply: The new Baja's are comming...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.