Exhaust tips on outlaws? >

Exhaust tips on outlaws?

Notices

Exhaust tips on outlaws?

Old 02-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Exhaust tips on outlaws?

looking to get a set of tips for my old mans new 26 outlaw. im wondering what you guys have on your boats. pics would be great?

also, the lake he is on has a sound limmit, so ones with removable baffles would be my best bet. lets see what you got.
thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Since his lake has a sound limit, might be smart to just leave the factory muffler tips? just a thought.

I have a 26 and removed them right away. I used the eddie marine tips with internal flappers. The holes don't match, so there is a little bit of patching to do.

I do like the sound, but sometimes not sure if it's worth it. I may just be getting old, but I'm beginning to like the SLIGHTLY muffled sound I hear on some performance boats these days. Still sounds great but not as obnoxious to everyone else.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMCO muffler tips for me. There are a couple on eBay right now.
I gets TONS of compliments on them. They have flaps in them, but I cut mine out.
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust tips on outlaws?-28515201747.jpg   Exhaust tips on outlaws?-14212391357.jpg  

Last edited by JasonSmith; 02-23-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Registered

the sound limit isnt "stricktly enforced" i had my boat there a few times with nothing, went by the po, po. lol and nothing. ive seen allot of boats up there with loud stuff. he doesnt want killer loud, but the stock quick and quite are crap.
but i need just a bit of sound.
jason. NICE!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Registered

So you dont have flaps jason? I have the rubber ones on the ends and was wanting to just leave them off. Is that a good idea or BAD IDEA??
Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KWIKSS
So you dont have flaps jason? I have the rubber ones on the ends and was wanting to just leave them off. Is that a good idea or BAD IDEA??
No flaps in mine. Cut them out 3 years ago & have never had an issue. Probably because of the length of my tips & the hood on the end of them.
I would change out my tips before I would ditch the flappers on the outside if I were you. The possibility of water going high enough to get into the engine through the tips is pretty slim but how slim of a chance are you willing to take?
If it were mine they would have been gone day 1 but I tend to be a risk taker.
How about you just find some tips you like & call me for the hookup?
Old 02-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Do you get a lot of compliments because you spend a lot of time at the dock or on the trailer?????
Jay
Old 02-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by never enuff
Do you get a lot of compliments because you spend a lot of time at the dock or on the trailer?????
Jay
Both.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered

Well Jason I know I can need some exhaust rings. 4.5 inch ID, 6.5 inch OD.. Need 4.. And I know they make the flappers that go inside the exhaust tip but I think there close to $50 bucks each from dana, I believe. And then I also need 8 cup holders.. 4 stainless, 2 purple, 2 orange.. Thanks and you can put that on your AMEX card...
Old 02-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Registered

Eddie Marine W/flappers
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust tips on outlaws?-back-4.jpg  

Quick Reply: Exhaust tips on outlaws?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.