Salt Water Flush >

Salt Water Flush

Notices

Salt Water Flush

Old 03-20-2002, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Salt Water Flush

Moved to Maryland from Dallas/Ft. Worth. Have to go to the Chesapeak Bay now. Does anyone have a decent process for flushing the salt water out of the engine/drive after use? I have a muff-flusher that goes on the outdrive. Is there a better option? How much flushing is necessary?
Old 03-20-2002, 09:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I can't answer your question, but Did you take your 24 with you? What mods did you do to it and what prop,rpm, and speed are you running? Good to hear from you. I think you'll like this board it has lots of good people and info, I'm an oso junkie I sent you a private message
Old 03-20-2002, 09:28 PM
rebs24baja

Default Salt Water Flush

Hey GoBoat!!! welcome aboard!!!
Funny you mention this I just got a return e-mail from a friend of mine in regards to flushing. I live in mayo just south of Annapolis and have allways anal about flushing. A friend of mine just got a new 26-sonic which had a flush system allready installed on it. But this was also on a contained cooling system. My info was that a (t) could be installed with a back-flow preventer on the line coming in from the outdrive. And when you do flush put a little dish soap in the end of the hose B-4 you start flushing. This helps dilute the salt. And let it flush for 5-10 minutes. Well hope this helps. Looking for other BAJA owners in the bay area. Besides me and I think its Outlaw 29 from Solomons Island. SEA-YA REB

Old 03-20-2002, 09:29 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

just slap on the muffs and let it idle for 10 minutes. Some say use salt-away but I never saw the need for it. Been in salt since day 1.
Old 03-21-2002, 09:44 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a Guardian flush system on the 272 I had last year and it worked GREAT. Very easy to install and you could flush it while still in the water. This made it great for trips on the ICW and to Florida while the boat remained in the water over night. I would flush it everyday when we were done boating. Just hook up the garden hose to it and let it run a few minutes and you are done. I read and heard many good things about these before I purchased one and it is all true. The best money you can spend in my opinion.

Good Luck
Mark
Old 03-21-2002, 03:27 PM
Registered

Here's what I do: My marina is far enough up Bodkin Creek (about 1.5 miles) that the water is fresh in the creek by the time I get home. That way I'm flushed with non-salt water. Every week or so I do a full muff flush and I'm all set.