Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Can these options be added AFTER delivery? >

Can these options be added AFTER delivery?

Notices

Can these options be added AFTER delivery?

Old 04-10-2002, 04:31 PM
dloftis

Default Can these options be added AFTER delivery?

I'd like to add a few things that didn't come on my boat. If I could even do it myself, I'd still like to do it the same way Baja would to maintain the look, feel, and hopefully waranty. The options I might like to add are:
- Captain's Call
- Custom Steering Wheel
- Trim tabs, double ram with indicators
- Kiekhaefer controls with trim controls on handle
- Carbon Monoxide detector
- Fume detector
- Fresh water flush
- Fire extinguishing system
- Compass
- Transom shower
- Bimini Top w/ Boot

If anyone has a hammer that has these options, I'd appreciate it if you'd post some pictures showing how and where each is installed, and if you know who made the parts, I'd love to know.

Thanks!

Old 04-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of the options you stated you could install yourself. The hardest thing would probably be a transom shower. For that you would need a pump and a water source. I don't know much about them, but I thought they usually worked off of a fresh water holding tank. That obviously would add some weight to the boat.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hardest one would be the Capt Call since you would have to pull the engine to get the "Y" pipe in.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. I didn't know the CO detector was an option, I thought that was required safety equipment.

Other than that, I had a compass put in mine by the dealer for appox. $300.
Old 04-11-2002, 02:01 PM
29Fever

You might want to look into in-line-mufflers instead of Capt's call. It would be a lot easier to do. I also wouldn't mess with a halon system. You still technically have to take it out and get it certified every year. I just bought a fire extinguisher to show the cops when I get stopped. I was thinking about doing a transom shower too, but I already have the fresh water tank and a pump for the sink in the cabin. That too would be a lot of work. The fume detectors would be easy to do. Do you have trim tabs at all now? Your throttles would probably be pretty easy to change too.

Old 04-11-2002, 03:01 PM
JAX25OUTLAW

Talking

I just put a sweet MOMO wheel in my boat and if you would like a deal on my old wheel I can send you a picture if you want. I have the transom shower and I think it would be a snap to install as long as you have room for the tank and a power supply. Captains Call is nice but costs a ton. The throttle controls would probally be not too bad if the fiberglass is set up already and you just need to cut. If you are doing fine without tabs now I would not bother unless you have a fat friend that always sits on one side of the boat. My wheel is off a 2001 25 outlaw. It has the red inserts but you can get any color you sant from baja. I would let it go for a good price, say maybe $75.00. my new Momo was 170.