Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Guess Who's Boat Game >

Guess Who's Boat Game

Notices

Guess Who's Boat Game

Old 05-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dave, I know these guys in the waste management business [wink,wink] that really like to have fun with guys like this. I'll see if they have any affiliates down there.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sonic69
Hey Dave, I know these guys in the waste management business [wink,wink] that really like to have fun with guys like this. I'll see if they have any affiliates down there.
Wanna go to Albuquerque for a couple Coronas? We'll buy those seats off Dave, and split the money from the boat we bring home.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Registered

I'm off work right now. I've got nothing but time.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call the bank the check is drawn on and ask to speak to whomever handles the account. If he or she is a decent person they may at least tell you if the account is active and if he makes deposits to the account. Banks aren't supposed to give info out but you'd be surprised how they will help when it's a dead beat and all you're trying to do is get paid. High Desert State Bank is less than $100 mil in deposits so it's a pretty small bank community bank, they are the easiest to work with, rather than say a Wells Fargo.

You can also see if you can send the check to them for collection, if they do it, they will hit his account for the amount the next time they get a deposit. Also a "trick" we used to use if the there isn't enough in the account but it's close, say $50 or $75 short, we took cash with us to the bank, deposited it in the account we were collecting on to get it to the amount of the NSF check, then the bank gives us back the amount of the NSF check. So we got our money bank and also collected most of the NSF, the rest we lost but getting $500 of $550 back is better than nothing. If you do this make sure you get an officer of the bank involved ahead of time so they know what you are doing, I've never had them turn me down but I always got them on board first.

My guess he never uses the account, although the check is marked NSF and not Closed so there is a chance. Since the check has been presented twice really the only way to collect it is to present the check at the bank it is drawn on, your bank will not send it through again.

Unless you dillegent and probably very lucky, or get someone to go "collect" or repo your seatsfor you, sorry to say you probably will get to claim it as bad debt on your taxes this year. If you do and you have his SSN make sure you turn in a 1099c for him, which is a debt forgivness form to the IRS, Maybe Obama can collect some of it.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey XT, I'm looking for some purple carpet that Baja used in the the early 2000 years. Any idea where I can pick some up?
Old 05-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by neva satisfied
Hey XT, I'm looking for some purple carpet that Baja used in the the early 2000 years. Any idea where I can pick some up?
I have tried to get this color carpet in the past with no luck. The color was discontinued awhile back.

XT
Old 05-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I was hoping to cover some subwoofer boxes but i guess I'll have to use black.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Registered

Default Contact the city of albuquerque along with the state

and find out if he is licensed as a plumber or whatever it is he does. File a general complaint with them about him failing to pay his bill and see if that helps..

You could always try calling the IRS and leaving a friendly message alluding that he works under the table and that he's not declaring all of his income. Make sure to tell them about the cash deal and the fact he owns a high performance boat. Also remind them that he has declared bankruptcy a few times.

File a mechanics lein if you can..
Old 05-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Registered

Back to business on this thread, NEW pictures coming tomorrow! Hint: 33 Outlaw!
Old 05-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Registered

Ok, I was waiting on Dave to post some before pictures, but Im gonna skip to the After. This can be a part of the Guess Who's Boat Game.

I swear I felt like I was looking at a brand new boat.
Attached Thumbnails Guess Who's Boat Game-dsc03369-medium-.jpg   Guess Who's Boat Game-dsc03362-medium-.jpg   Guess Who's Boat Game-dsc03363-medium-.jpg  

Guess Who's Boat Game-dsc03366-medium-.jpg   Guess Who's Boat Game-dsc03368-medium-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.