Guess Who's Boat Game

Notices

Guess Who's Boat Game

Old 09-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jvcobra
Dave,

What's the secret to getting the vinyl smooth on the inside corners of the engine hatch cover? I put my cover on and everything fits great but I have a few annoying wrinkles in the corners...not smooth like the pics above.

Joe
Ok, Joe I reviewed the photos you sent me and I will try and explain the how-to's as best that I can. As with anything there are little tricks to the trade, and it appears to us that "streacher" behind the headrest foam was not stapled correctly to begin with? The first process is to staple the loose streacher board to the streacher starting in the center, and going outward. The edge of the streacher should line-up to t-nut holes on the opposite side of the t-nuts. The forward foam section can then be glued to the fiberglass tray, and then you start the cover install at the front. Flip the streacher board into place and install the t-nut bolts in the tray bottom side. Use a fine plastic film to help the cover slide over the foam better, and it will also keep moisture out of the foam. Then glue the rear foam in place and pull the rest of the cover over all. There is extra "boxing" on all edges, so pull like crazy till your fingers hurt, and all the winkles are gone! Trim the excess vinyl, and then staple the "Hidem" on the inside to complete.

Like I said, it is difficult for me to explain, but I hope this helps.

XT
Attached Thumbnails Guess Who's Boat Game-baja-boss-302-pic-3.jpg   Guess Who's Boat Game-baja-boss-302-pic-2.jpg   Guess Who's Boat Game-baja-boss-302-pic-5.jpg  

Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Nope, I sent the seats out after talking to him on the phone, and running his credit card for the balance of the bolsters. I agreed to just cash the check that I was holding to get the initial parts needed to get the job going. I guess that I have gotten use to customers being so happy with our work that many times they pay more than we ask for? We have received $100.00 tips and they said the steaks were on them a few times! I have a feeling this guy is not your typical "Baja" owner, and the fire bomb that caused the problem in the first place was from someone else that had a issue with him in the past. Looking back now, I should have been more concerned I guess? Even when he sent me the rear grab handles that were only partly cleaned, I had paid to have them polished perfectly before installing for NO added cost to him! I know he is getting my calls, because the first day that he found us, I had no less that 10 calls from him in one day. I even get to pay my bank a $20.00 charge for the bouncer, thats $570.00 total loss for doing a great job!

I am not suggesting that everyone harass him BUTTTTT.. Here is some info:

Dan Krupiak
Krupiak Plumbing & Heating
6864 Kelly Ann NE
Albuquerque NM. 87109
(505) 828-2222 work
(505) 304-5629 cell
[email protected]

If anyone on here boats with him...forget the fendors.
http://www.enewsbuilder.net/bbbnm/e_....cfm?x=b11,0,w

http://www.sharperoo.com/contractor/...ng-and-heating

http://www.nmcourt.fed.us/usbc/files...-10304.139.pdf
Old 09-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question...and actually after looking at a few of your pics...it may be somewhat ridiculous to ask, but I think I'm going to have my sun pad redone on my Boss 275....it doesn't have the raised head rests on it, but could those be installed when having the sun pad redone..of course a Baja type logo arrangement looks to be in order as well. Oh...those pics are awesome...great work.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Teo
Registered

Originally Posted by Caluw1
Quick question...and actually after looking at a few of your pics...it may be somewhat ridiculous to ask, but I think I'm going to have my sun pad redone on my Boss 275....it doesn't have the raised head rests on it, but could those be installed when having the sun pad redone..of course a Baja type logo arrangement looks to be in order as well. Oh...those pics are awesome...great work.
I was wondering the same thing. I´ve seen a 29 OL with the same raised head rests as on the 25/33 OL.
Does the motorlid from the 25 OL fit on the 29 or was that one custom made? I want those on my 29.

The question is not ridiculous. I´ve calculated that the chans of getting laid increases with up to 0,2% with raised head rests on the motorlid.

/The Swede.

Last edited by Teo; 09-15-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by Caluw1
Actually, I get that question often. Sure it can be done, and we are just the place that can do it. Attached is a couple photos of the motorlid that we designed for Checkmate's 275 ZT (Baja 275) that could be modified with three separate headrests. I would have to charge you at the same rate that we charge Checkmate for prototype work $50.00 hr. Not sure how long it will take to design, probably approx. 3-5 days? (structure/foam/vinyl) If you wanted just the custom "Baja" script logo over your current stock foam, your looking at around $1450.00. If you go with redesigning the motorlid with headrests, your looking at doubling the cost. We would also need your whole motorlid, or boat to do the new design.

We just did a "Baja" script logo for a 232 Islander a couple weeks ago. She contacted us with the colors and what she wanted, and we had everything cut/sewn when she arrived with her old motorlid. We tore it down completely, added prolite to replace all the plywood, and re-trimmed it while she waited a little over (2) hours.

XT
Attached Thumbnails Guess Who's Boat Game-imgp7259.jpg   Guess Who's Boat Game-imgp7257.jpg   Guess Who's Boat Game-imgp3908.jpg  

Guess Who's Boat Game-imgp3909.jpg  
Old 09-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Registered

Ok, Joe I reviewed the photos you sent me and I will try and explain the how-to's as best that I can. As with anything there are little tricks to the trade, and it appears to us that "streacher" behind the headrest foam was not stapled correctly to begin with? The first process is to staple the loose streacher board to the streacher starting in the center, and going outward. The edge of the streacher should line-up to t-nut holes on the opposite side of the t-nuts. The forward foam section can then be glued to the fiberglass tray, and then you start the cover install at the front. Flip the streacher board into place and install the t-nut bolts in the tray bottom side. Use a fine plastic film to help the cover slide over the foam better, and it will also keep moisture out of the foam. Then glue the rear foam in place and pull the rest of the cover over all. There is extra "boxing" on all edges, so pull like crazy till your fingers hurt, and all the winkles are gone! Trim the excess vinyl, and then staple the "Hidem" on the inside to complete.

Like I said, it is difficult for me to explain, but I hope this helps.

XT
Dave,

I did almost everything you mentioned except I mounted the stretcher board first and then stapled the stretcher to it. I didn't glue the foam in place or use plastic either..both very good ideas. Are you saying that the stretcher fabric should wrap around the stretcher board so that it is sandwiched between the hatch and stretcher board and then stapled and bolted?

Good new/Bad new is when I remounted the hatch a couple hinge bolts just spun free so I guess I have some rot in the mounting blocks. This means the cover needs to be removed anyway.

Providing I can ship this thing to you could you provide me with some pricing to have the hinge mounting pads fixed and the cover re-installed correctly? Are you planning any trips to Atlantic City soon? : )

Thanks,
Joe
Old 10-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonna have to revive this thread...

Old 10-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SmurfOnABoat

Cool, I missed post #195. I never saw that one.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by SmurfOnABoat

Smurf,

Take a look a how bad the break was on your motorlid tray!

Again...how BIG were those girls???

XT
Attached Thumbnails Guess Who's Boat Game-imgp4315.jpg   Guess Who's Boat Game-imgp4332.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smurf,

Take a look a how bad the break was on your motorlid tray!

Again...how BIG were those girls???

XT
Don't forget to play this game elsewhere Smurf....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.