Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now? >

Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?

Notices

Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?

Old 12-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The real fun came a month later when we hooked up with the Baja folks again at Lake Erie.
Attached Thumbnails Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boys.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-fox-chapel-baja-lake-erie-2008-124.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-fox-chapel-baja-lake-erie-2008-125.jpg  

Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-kelleys_island006.jpg  
Old 12-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Good for another Magazine article

Dock next to Lucky
Attached Thumbnails Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-medium-.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat2-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

I had one hell of the crew at Lake Erie with Greg "Team Baja" and Billy on board. Lucky 7's caught us on the return from Toledo to Kelly's Island just about a mile from the Island and we did the fly bye side by side.

They were faster but no one had more fun that day then our crew!
Attached Thumbnails Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-fox-chapel-baja-lake-erie-2008-003.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-fox-chapel-baja-lake-erie-2008-005.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-fox-chapel-baja-lake-erie-2008-004.jpg  

Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-fox-chapel-baja-lake-erie-2008-094.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-fox-chapel-baja-lake-erie-2008-095.jpg  
Old 12-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Of course I do.

This is from Lake Cumberland in 2005. I have better pictures from the Miami Boat Show but still looking for those.
Spotlight have been sold by the same dealer in Quebec. It sayed in the showroom fort at least two years before being sold !

They just rebuilt the engine last summer. Saw it on the river while testing the engine, an amasing boat !!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Well that brings us to the last of the Baja Factory Poker Run Boats, and without question the coolest, wildest and most creative of all.

Split Decision

I got to see this boat in person at the Miami Boat Show and it was a huge hit and talk of the show. Everyone that saw it like it and was impressed.

Little did any of us know at that time that Brunswick was about to pull the plug on Baja as we knew it.

They received a cash offer of $500K for Split Decision at the show but did not sell it because there was not enough time to build a replacement before the tour started. They also had a deal with GM on the truck.

One Bad Ass Boat!

40 Outlaw

Twin Mercury 700's

Kustom paint by the one and only Clayton at Kustom Kolors
Attached Thumbnails Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-truck-left.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-truck-right.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-hood2-medium-.jpg  

Old 12-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Fox Chapel Poker Run

Lake Erie

Split Decision

I can never than Jeff and Billy of Hawkeye enough for the invite to be their quest on Split Decision for this event. It was a wonderful time that the wife and I will never forget, the crew was the best of the best and the boat did everything a performance boat is supposed to do with style.
Attached Thumbnails Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-split-decision-8-16-08-049.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-split-decision-8-16-08-055.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-split-decision-8-16-08-066.jpg  

Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-split-decision-8-16-08-264.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-split-decision-8-16-08-195.jpg  
Old 12-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

This is a good thread it just needed pictures and a little detail.

That's all I can add for now but I'm still looking for my Miami Boat Show pictures which have a lot more detail. I'll share those as soon as I can.

I think Baja and the good folks there did something that other manufacturers could learn from. The tour and the Full Throttle Magazine set them apart from the other brands while bringing the owners of the brand together.

I would not trade the opportunity to have seen all these custom boats, riden in several and driven a couple for anything.

Thank you Baja!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

I'm signing off to go and pack up some UPS shipments for fellow members that bought some items I had for sale including Anchorman. Again sorry for the delay but everything is shipping today and I'll send tracking numbers to you.

Nice project Anchorman!

I've been up since 4am with a sick wife and we got back home from the hospital around 9am. She will be fine but it's been a day already.

UPS first, check on wife second and then if the sunlight holds out I plan to ride my Christmas present. The wife was VERY good to me this year and surprised me with a new Wild Glide. I had to sell the Jeep in order to get another toy so now she has informed me that I'm on HOLD again for all toys! LOL

God Bless all and Happy New Year!

P.S.

Clayton don't worry about getting your bike back together. I have something for you to ride! COME ON DOWN.
Attached Thumbnails Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-2010-harley-fxdwg-010.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-2010-harley-fxdwg-029.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-2010-harley-fxdwg-025.jpg  

Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-2010-harley-fxdwg-015.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-2010-harley-fxdwg-014.jpg  
Old 12-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dock, thanks for the rare photo of me drinking water! Thats been my facebook picture for a long time now!

I agree with you on the tour and the Full Throttle magazine. It was cool that you, Dave, Adam and even me got our own spot in the magazine.

Ive been wanting to post some of my pics but my computer is acting a little goofy so they'll have to wait.....
Old 12-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's one I took from NYC run in 2007. I have been on Poker Runs with both the 35's and they seemed to have run pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-picture-022oso.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-picture-023oso.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.