Imagine that BANNED from TBM >

Imagine that BANNED from TBM

Notices

Imagine that BANNED from TBM

Old 03-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
emilsr you are probably the next to get booted since you have posted over here which has happened alot over the past weekend like Hoss said he is the one that made it personnel Ed
Ray, Ed is probably right.

This same crAAp happened to me last summer when I was trying to get help with a MAJOR issue. I post a question on TBM after Dock suggested it here and wouldn't you know it is was removed within seconds! Even posted it twice and both times it was gone.... but if it wasn't for Ray responding to the second thread it too would have probably never reappeared. I know damn well he was removing it! The reason... Dock, a friend of mine suggested the idea.

A lot of members of OSO came forward to HELP once I posted the question!!! And I am forever thankful! But that very same question turned into the "I am king" bull**** and "if you don't like it you can give me the moeny and run the forum the way you want". Well I knew where this was going and I asked to have my membership removed and bid a farewell!! Then the entire thread was deleted so no one knew that I had asked to be removed.... everyone thought he kicked me out. This was a bigger blow to his ego I my opinion, why give him the satisfaction of kicking me out.

Then get this.... he sent me a friend request on Facebook, not once but twice. Either he never took the time to read the names of the people sending his site money or he has a massive case of short term memory loss.

Eitherway... what's done is done! Such a wonderful Baja source of information that forum could be.... but until it is sold sadly it will never reach its true potential.

Last edited by NoWake200; 03-08-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emilsr
I suspect most Baja owners either don't care about these personal feuds or they're smart enough not to get involved. Since I'm not the latter I'll play along...

I don't know Blake personally, never met him, never talked to him on the phone and never even traded emails that I can think of other than to tell him what size and color shirt I wanted at renewal time. Like many people I haven't always agreed with the way he conducted himself or his actions. He isn't the reason I'm active on TBM; the information, camraderie and the general character of most of the members are the reasons I'm there and will continue to be active there unless/until I'm asked to leave or the site goes away. I do believe that some (but not all) deserved their bannings for what they posted. Seriously guys, you can't call someone an ******* without expecting him to get upset about it. For the ones that didn't let themselves get brought down to that level, I don't know why you were banned, wasn't consulted, and really don't care to get involved in personal feuds anyway. I've made that mistake before....won't do it again.

Even though I haven't always agreed with him, he's been right about some things and some people when most of those around him felt he was wrong. He also had the foresight to use the Baja name in his website, and somehow managed to facilitate a fairly strong community of like minded individuals. Probably most (if not all) of us here have met people through TBM that have enriched our lives. That's a good thing in my book. Those things I respect, so if the rules are that it's his sandbox, his rules, I'm okay with that as it's a sandbox I'd like to play in. Again, it's the people there that make me feel this way. It's his call how he conducts himself, not mine, and I don't feel qualified to pass judgement in public anyway....have my own problems to worry about.

What I have difficulty understanding and accepting is why so many feel the need for personal feuding, public bashing, name calling, etc. Who is at fault doesn't so much matter as there's plenty of blame to go around.....both in this case and in some of the other feuds (the Blake/Mark feud comes to mind). At some point in time, sooner rather than later, the right thing to do (IMO of course) is for both of the parties involved to simply let it go and get back to boating. Like Keith, boating is a much needed and appreciated diversion from the day to day grind and I'd prefer it to be a positive experience....both on the water, and on the online forums.

This sort of thing doesn't seem to be limited to boating forums either; my wife is active in several dog forums and she tells me the same things go on there. No matter how the forums are moderated, and no matter whether they're in the US or overseas, people seem to feud.....so we're not alone in this particular problem and I honestly have no idea what the solution is. The rampant bashing and feuding on OSO is the main reason I didn't renew my paid membership here a few years ago. Perhaps it's so rampant simply because it's a large forum....I don't know. I see more of it than I'd like on TBM. I don't see it as much on the regional forums (MWBP being the one I frequent), but I suspect that's because of a combination of things; many of the forum members boat together and wouldn't dream of acting that way towards each other, and the mods don't allow it. I wish that was the case elsewhere, but it isn't.
Ray I've never met you either and at one point did want to meet you, but I recall when the whole Darrell/PBP deal was going on you gave Fleg your username and password then threw him under the bus when it all came crashing down. This IMO wasn't cool and one thing I've learned in life is you backup your friends when a person tosses them to the wolves. That is my only beef with you. I don't care if you think I'm one of the people you think deserved to be banned. Yea I made a bad decision to back Darrell we all did, but the only thing that got me banned back then was because I was looking for a bigger source for the run that was being put on in St.Clair. Blake had a pissing match with me because it didn't have TBM in the title of the thread on a forum I had no control over and banned me and desolved the MICHIGAN CHAPTER because I was the SPONSOR of it...Because I know you didn't know the whole story of that you thought I was just creating problems it was Blake that created problems because again for a event he never did anything for didn't show up to yet wanted his website name on which by the way it was on. I get banned...Talk about a F'n ego!!!! So see I do have a little beef in this because for me it has nothing to do about a website or it's owner(well now it does) I support the people and yes the brand..I'm proud to own a Baja and personally think Blake is a blackeye on the brand. Funny if you talk to people associated with Baja NOBODY likes the guy...He's just provided a place that is easy for Baja owners to find...With that being said I good luck trying to stay on that site if you post over here. And be careful not to drink too much Kool Aide or you'll end up a zombie over there...Seems it took attacking a "GOOD" person publicly to wake up the people that had they're blinders on....Sorta like the government issues you referred to..When you don't like something you speak up against it. Otherwise you are the problem thats how I see it.

I agree with others that site could be so much, but not until that tool is gone...

Last edited by Irishtornado; 03-08-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 62 Posts

So how's business?
Attached Files
File Type: doc
deleated posts.doc (26.0 KB, 148 views)
Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered

Funny how this kind of $hit doesn't happen on Facebook.....
Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 62 Posts

Run and hide.

I'm "scared for my safety"....oops... I guess we all are in fear now.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
More good ol blake.doc (50.5 KB, 145 views)
Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
but I recall when the whole Darrell/PBP deal was going on you gave Fleg your username and password then threw him under the bus when it all came crashing down. ..

That's all true and was a mistake I almost immediately regretted. I assumed something I shouldn't have. My intent was not to throw Jeff under the bus, but that wasn't the way it was interpreted by some. If you (or anyone else) want to hold a grudge that's fine, but I manned up to my mistake, apologized, and moved on. That's about all I could do under the circumstances; can't change the past.

I still don't agree with attacking someone in a public manner; not you, Blake, Darryl or anyone, and thought I was pretty clear on that during Darryl's public lynching. To me it's a gang mentality that feeds threads such as this one (and the eleventy zillion post threads that we saw on TBM a couple of years ago) and, like in my lengthy post earlier, I believe it has the potential to damage the whole Baja community. I understand many (most?) don't share that opinion but that's just my own personal set of beliefs. I certainly make mistakes from time to time but I try to learn from them and not make 'em twice....and notice I said TRY.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Registered

Hoss copied it into a photo so everyone can see it without downloading it.

Don't forget to check out the facebook group
Attached Thumbnails Imagine that BANNED from TBM-hoss-post.jpg  
Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by emilsr
That's all true and was a mistake I almost immediately regretted. I assumed something I shouldn't have. My intent was not to throw Jeff under the bus, but that wasn't the way it was interpreted by some. If you (or anyone else) want to hold a grudge that's fine, but I manned up to my mistake, apologized, and moved on. That's about all I could do under the circumstances; can't change the past.

I still don't agree with attacking someone in a public manner; not you, Blake, Darryl or anyone, and thought I was pretty clear on that during Darryl's public lynching. To me it's a gang mentality that feeds threads such as this one (and the eleventy zillion post threads that we saw on TBM a couple of years ago) and, like in my lengthy post earlier, I believe it has the potential to damage the whole Baja community. I understand many (most?) don't share that opinion but that's just my own personal set of beliefs. I certainly make mistakes from time to time but I try to learn from them and not make 'em twice....and notice I said TRY.
Ray I would gladly sit and have a beer with you explaining all the BS I've went through with Blake and show you plenty of emails he's sent me regarding why I feel the way I do about him..I agree you made a mistake as alot of us did and I can move on from it, but I've seen you back Blake in his position against certain people as I read a thread about it before he blocked me and many others from viewing way to go for the post count...

I don't think what we are doing damages the Baja brand I believe it shows the new people that follow both sites what a arrogant prick he is...He has deleted all his posts and we are trying to show people how he runs his site in a DICKTATOR mentality..He only supports his agrenda and many are seeing this now...It was only a few of us that where friends with Darrell the first time. Dock Holiday has alot of friends and has SUPPORTED the brand better than Blake ever could.

I realize you try to stay out of the drama, but when you support someone on a website agreeing with what they are doing you are supporting them..

This isn't about you and I...And I give you credit for jumping in this thread knowing the PRICK is banning everyone that types in here just by association...
Old 03-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Registered

Sorry forgot to post the link to the facebook group...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=345256612949
Old 03-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ship4brains
Funny how this kind of $hit doesn't happen on Facebook.....
Yea but you know as well as I do Ship that "EVERY" year this same crap happens and it's always Blake starting it to create activity on the site...Usually at someone elses expense..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.