Bahamas May 2010

Notices

Bahamas May 2010

Old 03-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bahamas May 2010

Looks like some that are making the trip this year are getting Banned from TBM, so I am re posting the trip info here.

Last years trip fizzled out....So after talking to a few people I'm wanting to do a Bahamas run in May 2010. I think memorial week would work for a lot of people. Works for me because it's early in the year and gives me enough time to do Destin PR in Aug, and Key West races in November. So if anyone is interested read this thread for info on the trip that was planned last year. We will be leaving from the same Marina in West Palm and staying at the same resort in Freeport.

Launch here and leave the truck and trailers:

http://www.lakeparkmarina.com.

Marina in Freeport:

http://www.portlucaya.com/marina/

Pelican Bay Hotel

Ok here are the planed dates for this years Freeport Bahamas trip:

Leave West Palm Beach Sunday May 30th. This give everyone a weekend day for driving. We plan on leaving Houston on Friday May 28th and arriving west Palm Sat afternoon.
Return to West Palm on Sat June 5th. This give everyone the weekend to drive back home.

Read the threads for info on what you need to clear customs. I will be working on slips and hotel rooms. I need to know how many hotel rooms to request. Remember you are responsible for you OWN reservations.

It's time to start getting ready for the Bahamas trip. The dates are firm so get you get the resin buckets ready.......let me know of any questions. let's get a list of who is going.....

The Wet Spot
Busta
Outlaw Ed
Keith302?
Always Late?
Anchorman?
Racnanemesis?
UsaveOnTime.com?

Anyone going or thinking about going should look at these website. It will give you all the information you will need to cruse the Bahamas. As with the other trips I done EVERYONE is responsible for their own Hotel and Slip reservations. I will try to get a group rate but YOU must make you own reservations. So let’s get the list started.

http://www.bahamas.com/bahamas/regulations

The run is open to anyone....

Last edited by boatman22; 04-12-2010 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Removed TBM link
Old 03-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a great time and something I'd like to do one of these years just is not in the cards for this year.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Too bad you can't make it..it should be a great trip....
Old 03-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatman22
Too bad you can't make it..it should be a great trip....
I'd love to Tom I just got too much going on that time of the year and still trying to put my boat back together.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Registered

Totally out of curiosity how big of a boat do you need to make this trip? I am curious what size boats are going and how long does it take to get there and how much fuel? Would be very interested to know.

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

We had a 275 a couple of years ago and we decided we were to chicken to go--but I sure wished we would have. Tom and Ed and Chris and group will take good care of you.
Jay
Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cpiefer06
Totally out of curiosity how big of a boat do you need to make this trip? I am curious what size boats are going and how long does it take to get there and how much fuel? Would be very interested to know.

Thanks.
Your boat is good for crossing. I used to do it with a 28 Donzi years ago. Just make sure all maintenance items are in great shape.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatman22
Your boat is good for crossing. I used to do it with a 28 Donzi years ago. Just make sure all maintenance items are in great shape.
Tom,how about a X-Star
Old 03-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hell ya Scott we can wake board across......
Old 03-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nomomoney
Tom,how about a X-Star
The X-Star would have had a few issues getting there the last time we went but would have had no problems coming back. It was smooth as glass when we returned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.