Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
What size oil cooler and fittings? >

What size oil cooler and fittings?

Notices

What size oil cooler and fittings?

Old 06-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What size oil cooler and fittings?

The oil cooler is still stock from the 502 EFI (now a 509 with much more power). I notice my oil pressure dropping after running hard for very long. Been through all the hoses, pumps, etc and I have figured this motor is much tighter than the old 502 and with the additional power and RPM's the cooler just doesn't have sufficient capacity. Anyone have a recommended size (or even what the stock is so I can go larger) plus...

What size are the fittings ( I am assuming 1/2 inch) for you technical spec guys. thanks for the help.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I use a EMI 3" oil/ps cooler, it has 18" for oil and 4" for ps. I use the 12AN fittings and hose, they are expensive. There are some other options that are less expensive. Do not use the factory stuff, it is way to restrictive. Do a search, this topic has been covered many times.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Registered

call mr. cooler he is on here in the new parts or what ever they call it, its above the swap thread. he is building new coolers for my big blower motor.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
call mr. cooler he is on here in the new parts or what ever they call it, its above the swap thread. he is building new coolers for my big blower motor.
ditto. call Mr. cool. he got me (what looks exactly like a hardin) combo thermo controlled cooler.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
ditto. call Mr. cool. he got me (what looks exactly like a hardin) combo thermo controlled cooler.
I will get in my boat this weekend to see how large the inlet and outlet water hoses are and confirm my current cooler is 2 inch and on the bell housing.

I think I will need a 3 x 18. Looks like around 3-400.00 bucks thanks for the inputs. Found lots of data from searching and will check mr. Cool. So far eddiemarine is the price leader.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went thru the same issues. I posted on the other link.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Registered

bump