94 208 Islander Any Info? Thanks Guys >

94 208 Islander Any Info? Thanks Guys

Notices

94 208 Islander Any Info? Thanks Guys

Old 06-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 208 Islander Any Info? Thanks Guys

I recently picked up a 1994 Islander with a 454 and bravo 1 outdrive. It has a Mirage 23P prop. Is that a good choice? The 2 guys that owned it!! Didn't know much about it other then it was a boat and was fun. This is my first boat of any size always had little runabouts. Guess this is too compared to some of you guys!!! Anything to look out for? Any parts to put on it, I am the guy that puts the extra on if it is needed or will save me in the long run. Not looking to be the fastest but not the slowest either. Thanks for any and all comments. Any questions you have please ask I will answer to the best of my knowledge for any good advice.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered

i know its long after your question but i have a 208 islander with 310hp 454 and a bravo 1 with 1.36 gear and it spins a 20p 4 blade stilletto to 4800 and 61 on gps but i am at 5000ft so i would bet a inch or two would do you better than me that 23 sounds pretty good for a 3 blade my boss has one on a checkmate and he cant out run me baja's run fast with good prop and just a little trim man
Old 01-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Registered

Mine would scream with the 23 m+. It handles better with the reg 23 mirage. Great boat!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by butteboy
i know its long after your question but i have a 208 islander with 310hp 454 and a bravo 1 with 1.36 gear and it spins a 20p 4 blade stilletto to 4800 and 61 on gps but i am at 5000ft so i would bet a inch or two would do you better than me that 23 sounds pretty good for a 3 blade my boss has one on a checkmate and he cant out run me baja's run fast with good prop and just a little trim man
You are very close to where you want to be for top end with that motor rpm wise. Optimum would be around 4600-4700. I would try the 23" LaserII. It's not a long heavy boat, I've run LaserII's and Vensuras on the small 19-21' Bajas with great results, they do not need much prop diameter. If you want to run an M+ with that motor, you should try a 21" as well. The M+ 23" will most likely put you between 4300-4400 rpms. A bit low for top end.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Registered

23 mirage is what my boat came with, If i remember right, 66gps was the best I ever got out of it stock. Light load on a cool day. Upgraded to 30 over 454 with better heads and cam with gils exhust AND added M1 procharger it will hit 80 everyday anyway best was 83.6 gps. Very fun boat that is why I still have to wake board .
Old 02-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Registered

ok guys especially A.O. seems real familiar with my boat so once i get it settled down and hopefully huffer goes on it looking about 100 more hp what kinda prop change would i be looking at? i would like to run a 24p bravo 1 prop i have been impressed with this 4 blades holeshot and cornering it even helped the porpoising some its not real big though 14 in 20 pitch on 1.36 bravo drive
Old 02-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by butteboy
ok guys especially A.O. seems real familiar with my boat so once i get it settled down and hopefully huffer goes on it looking about 100 more hp what kinda prop change would i be looking at? i would like to run a 24p bravo 1 prop i have been impressed with this 4 blades holeshot and cornering it even helped the porpoising some its not real big though 14 in 20 pitch on 1.36 bravo drive
There are better choices than the B1 for the 208. You want bow lift, the B1 has a flat lift. As mentioned in the other post, prop torque can be an issue with high hp in the 208, and that is one specific reason why I would not use the B1 with that power. Also, the flat transom lift can make the stern very loose at high speed. If you want to try a bigger diameter prop for even more hole shot, the Rev4 is a possibility, It is rather large as well, but not like the B1, the Rev4 should give you plenty of punch.

Regarding your porpoising, what I'm thinking is either a hook, or a prop that won't carry the bow. I don't have much experience with your current prop, so won't go into that. I've been in 208s with SBCs and BBCs and they did not have a porpoise issue. That is why I belive you could fix it. Check your bottom and spend some time testing a 21" Vensura and Rev4. Going to a Rev4 will probably put you around 4500 if you are currently spinning 4800 with the 14"x20" and the Vensura a bit more.
Bblades have a test program where you can try props for 45$ in 15 days. He is also very good when it comes to labbing the Mirage+ for the Bajas. Either way, it's money well spent.

Take one thing at the time. Make it run right first and worry about the new prop pitch when you add the power later.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Registered

Default question for Procharged 454

this question is for procharged 454. The boat you have just built is exactly what I am going to try to build. I used to have a 95 Baja 208 with a 23Mirage prop and it would do 64 all day with two person and half a tank of gas. This was the 330 hp 454 motor.

Recently found one without a motor so wanting to restore and build a blown big block. I have a 502 injection system with a procharger M1 setup. Not sure if I will go 454 mag route or the 502 route. I am interested to see what cam, what boost, and the exact prop you are running on your boat. Please let me know. Thanks
Old 02-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cowboys405
this question is for procharged 454. The boat you have just built is exactly what I am going to try to build. I used to have a 95 Baja 208 with a 23Mirage prop and it would do 64 all day with two person and half a tank of gas. This was the 330 hp 454 motor.

Recently found one without a motor so wanting to restore and build a blown big block. I have a 502 injection system with a procharger M1 setup. Not sure if I will go 454 mag route or the 502 route. I am interested to see what cam, what boost, and the exact prop you are running on your boat. Please let me know. Thanks
My project is about 5 year old...Do not remember the cam spec maybe could go out to the garage and find. 30 over, srp piston, rec port heads exhaust flowed and port matched, gil exhaust,nickerson carb, M1 12 rib 5 lbs boost ,msd,aeromovtive pump. hyd steering. Run a 28 labbed bravo 1 witha heavy load and great hole shot, run a 32 bravo with just the wife- better mid range number with the 32 but lost 1-2 at the top end.. Install a M3, lost a little bootom end same number on top. IT has been a very fun boat. scared alot of people in that boat. Please add Hyd steering or it will chime walk you right out of th boat. Have fun with the project and it alway nice once in awhile to out run the big boys when the water is right for your ride..
Old 07-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Registered

I don't want to hijack this thread but does anybody by any chance have the hand held shower mounted in the swim platform, or the Colmen electric cooler heater specialy design to fit underneather the passenger side console?These were options from the factory on the 208 islander. Mine doesn't have either but I want to add both to mine, I'm just looking for a picture of these options so I can imitate the factory install.