High speed handling in hammer >

High speed handling in hammer

Notices

High speed handling in hammer

Old 04-30-2002, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brad is correct.

Small HP boats are a blast on the right water, but when it gets rough the big boys rule. I still like smaller boats because of the favorable power / weight ratio and their agility. Trying to run with bigger boats on their water can be frustrating. It sure is fun to blow by them if you do happen to catch them in the calm. Keep that in mind and choose your battles wisely. I know, believe me I know, it's hard to hold back sometimes.
Old 04-30-2002, 11:11 AM
Brad Perry

Default Wette Vette

Hit the nail on the head.

Old 04-30-2002, 12:26 PM
dloftis

Thanks again for all the replies!

I know that battle was picked poorly... but I didn't really expect to beat him, just thought it might be fun to try.

This was all on Lake Conroe last weekend. The wind was kickin' up pretty good, 15-25 MPH. Didn't seem like I was in anybody's wake, but looking at the water you sure as hell couldn't tell which way the waves were really going... seemed like they were coming from all directions.

I'll work on it some more. Maybe some upgrades someday, but I want to get a lot more familiar with the boat first.

If any of you (with Hammer helm-time) are in Houston, I'd love to take you out in my boat and get some tips. Beer and gas is on me!

Last edited by dloftis; 04-30-2002 at 02:40 PM.

Old 05-01-2002, 10:05 PM
NASDBOY

I boat out in conroe also, just about every weekend, if the graphics on the side was the paint spladder (red, grey, black) it might of been me. Of course I usually try to pull over the other Baja guys if I see them out. I saw another 29 out that weekend also, but it had the boss graphics on it.

Old 05-02-2002, 12:13 AM
Coddigtion

I am a houston guy, I have a 32 Active Thunder right now, but did have ~30 hours in a Hammer a few years ago, this one just had a blown 502 in it, but it was a lot of fun.

I will be out on the bay and up the San Jacinto river this weekend if you would like to go. There is plenty of smooth water at all times up there, and if you want the rough stuff go out in the bay. One other thing, you can launch where it is mostly fresh water and basically flush the boat out when you take the boat out of the water. So, if you want to get together let me know!

If you want to get in touch, email me at [email protected] I will be back in town on Friday morning hopefully.

Cheers,

Linn

Old 05-02-2002, 10:48 AM
dloftis

Nasdboy: Well, it was Sunday, I was to the port side of whoever it was... but I don't remember what graphics were on the boat. We'll have to meet up out there sometime though.

Coddigtion: I'm tied up for the next couple of weeks, but I'll email you when I'm a little more free and maybe we can get together.

Thanks again everyone!

Old 05-02-2002, 06:08 PM
Coddigtion

This brings something up what are all of the houston guys doing this weekend? Want to meet up sometime?

Old 05-02-2002, 09:23 PM
NASDBOY

Can't this weekend, but I will definetly be out next weekend. Also took a few days off for Memorial day, I want to check out Possum Kingdom, or Lake Travis. If any of you guys want to meet up there or next weekend let me know.

Old 05-02-2002, 09:30 PM
Coddigtion

What is Possum Kingdom? I haven't been to lake travis either. I am gone Memorial Day weekend... Sorry Let me know you have the email address.