Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja & NADA book value >

Baja & NADA book value

Notices

Baja & NADA book value

Old 07-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only way I look at it is I didn't buy a boat to make money. I did it to have fun and get rid of some stress. Funny now that I'm typing I think of all the times it's stressed me out. lol
Old 07-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Registered

To me NADA seems worthless. It all depends on the boat and the area. Down here in Texas, dumb a$$ dealers are bidding up wakeboard boats $5K-$10K above book. That's why we started to play with these larger powerboats.

We've been able to pick them up and book them out such that the buyers have been able to get them with only 10% down. We just sold the 26 outlaw we had for $50k. Got the guy financed for 6.5% with only $5k down.

Lot's of people looking at NADA forget that they need to add in options. And a trailer is another big adder that most forget. Not to mention that NADA's values for motor upgrades are based on some stupid generic chart that goes by HP, not the actual motor upgrade.

The best that I do is to just scour the net looking for what people are asking for their boats. By taking a large enough sample, you can usually guestimate what a good starting price is.

I usually take the lowest price I can find on the net, list the boat a few grand cheaper than that, and then expect to get a few grand less as the selling price. It has seemed to work out that way for wakeboard boats and the last 4-5 baja's we have had.

That being said, I haven't really done any homework on a boat that old, so I can't really help you there on what to expect in price. Good luck though!!!

Cheers!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Check the value here at BUC, I think you find there values closer to actual.
http://www.bucvalu.com/
Old 07-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Registered

Default Getting a loan

It's tough for sure.I had enough equity in my Home so I just got a Home Equity line of credit and used the money to make cash offer and get a better deal and cut through all of the red tape.Better interest rates and is tax deductible at year end.Good luck
Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by sonic69
The only way I look at it is I didn't buy a boat to make money. I did it to have fun and get rid of some stress. Funny now that I'm typing I think of all the times it's stressed me out. lol
Hey, its usually not the boat that stresses you out!!!! Its the jokers in it
Old 07-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hank36
It's tough for sure.I had enough equity in my Home so I just got a Home Equity line of credit and used the money to make cash offer and get a better deal and cut through all of the red tape.Better interest rates and is tax deductible at year end.Good luck
I agree! If you don't have 30K equity in your house you may not need a boat anyway