Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
WTB: 29 Outlaw >

WTB: 29 Outlaw

Notices

WTB: 29 Outlaw

Old 07-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 801 Likes on 378 Posts

I am trying to work a deal on a 01 29 outlaw...I put in an offer so now I am waiting to hear back

There you go a 454Mag boat thats a 2000 in your price range...People that have these boats know what they're worth they aren't going to give them away...Just like me I'd sell my boat too, but not going to give it away..
I know what they are worth too, and a lot of them are overpriced right now...all the good deals go early in the season. the only ones remaining are not great deals. I expect these oweners will lower there prices by at least 10k in order to get out of storage fees etc.

Hmmm....I know of a 29 Outlaw that can be had in that $55-$60k range with nice power & a newly rebuilt trailer that will run in the mid 80's without the Whipples & in the 90'w with the Whipples (upper 60k range with the blowers).
Not that you are looking for the best buy on a 29 Outlaw or anything, but I've got more $$ invested in this thing than what a guy should have & my 29 speaks for it's self when it comes to being clean. It needs minimal gathering up considering it is a 99.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o30346-en.html
I am trying to stay away from modded boats.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think you should look at Jason's boat as modified. The price he told you was without the blowers. Look at it as better internals than any stock power that you have looked at. I have seen his boat and it is flawless.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My motors without the Whipples will be as reliable as a 525. Because they have the same parts inside with exception to the camshaft. The cam is a Tyler Crockett grind that is real similar to the 525 cam but it has a different firing order.
Any Merc technician can plug into my engines & tell exactly what is wrong just as they could with a stock motor. All the parts are off the shelf stuff that can be had very easily.
The extension boxes & short drives are nothing to worry about either. All the parts can be had from IMCO or Mercruiser. IMCO uses Mercruiser gears & bearings.
I had an issue one time at Lake Travis with a drive & they fixed me up on the water with Merc parts. Took all of 30 minutes to do.
It really is worth your time to consider the boat. All these people on here aren't blowing smoke up your a$$. The boat is clean & could be ready to go in just a few weeks if you don't want the Whipples.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moses0324
I know what they are worth too, and a lot of them are overpriced right now...all the good deals go early in the season. the only ones remaining are not great deals. I expect these oweners will lower there prices by at least 10k in order to get out of storage fees etc.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Eventually the price will go back up and most know it. That's why the pruces are staying higher. You saw people hitting panic button as well as repo's. Most of those are now gone and you see what is left. NADA is basing pricing on repo market. Mine books out for 45k with 500efi's. Pretty unreasonable pricing IMO
Old 07-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Registered

I am having a hard time finding a 29 Outlaw for my budget which is approx 45-46k. I should be able to find a 00-02 with twin engines for this price right? Seems like alll the owners selling right now are upside down and asking a lot more than they worth...

Any suggestions?
Would you consider a 302 or is a 29 Outlaw the only option?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Registered

If I were in the market for a 29 twin on your budget, I'd go borrow another 10G's and be at Jason's back door in a minute. There are only a handful of 29's that will run that speed... if you consider 1 a handful.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

Buy Jason's 29 and be happy. If I was in the market for a 29 I would be all over that thing.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Registered

^^^ where are you located?

I would disagree with 29KILROY: I have seen numerous boats in good condition in this price range. Problem is they sell quickly. Here are links to just a couple...

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...redlinemarine&

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...ionyachtsales&
I can tell you why those boats are selling so cheap is cause they are saltwater boats and most of the Baja owners are found in the midwest where we prefer not to own saltwater boats due to the damage that is caused by improperly maintained boats...All those didn't have trailers so add another 5k to the price when they have trailers.

I wish you all the luck, but if your looking at boats ran in saltwater or older GET A SURVEY done on them you might find out why they are selling so cheap...JMO
Old 07-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

The 29 on ebay that was mentioned before says reduced. Don't know if that was the price when you looked at it. you may want to look at it again.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...item1c14175cef
Old 07-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 801 Likes on 378 Posts

If I were in the market for a 29 twin on your budget, I'd go borrow another 10G's and be at Jason's back door in a minute. There are only a handful of 29's that will run that speed... if you consider 1 a handful.
If I were going to borrow another 10k, I would buy local from a gentlemen who has a 2004 29 outlaw with twin 496's.

Would you consider a 302 or is a 29 Outlaw the only option?
outlaw is the only option

I wish you all the luck, but if your looking at boats ran in saltwater or older GET A SURVEY done on them you might find out why they are selling so cheap...JMO
a survey will be conducted regardless per my bank loan agreement.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Eventually the price will go back up and most know it. That's why the pruces are staying higher. You saw people hitting panic button as well as repo's. Most of those are now gone and you see what is left. NADA is basing pricing on repo market. Mine books out for 45k with 500efi's. Pretty unreasonable pricing IMO
the fact that 95% of the boats still on the market from spring, i am highly optimistic prices will drop in a few weeks.

My motors without the Whipples will be as reliable as a 525. Because they have the same parts inside with exception to the camshaft. The cam is a Tyler Crockett grind that is real similar to the 525 cam but it has a different firing order.
Any Merc technician can plug into my engines & tell exactly what is wrong just as they could with a stock motor. All the parts are off the shelf stuff that can be had very easily.
The extension boxes & short drives are nothing to worry about either. All the parts can be had from IMCO or Mercruiser. IMCO uses Mercruiser gears & bearings.
I had an issue one time at Lake Travis with a drive & they fixed me up on the water with Merc parts. Took all of 30 minutes to do.
It really is worth your time to consider the boat. All these people on here aren't blowing smoke up your a$$. The boat is clean & could be ready to go in just a few weeks if you don't want the Whipples.
Jason is your trailer boxed painted SS??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.