Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah....what's the catch?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone must be very hard up for cash to give a boat like that away, even in poor condition its worth more.

Wish you luck, wish I would have been so lucky to get a good solid boat for such a steel.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 377 Posts

no catch...the boat has been for sale all year without a single offer. even if I find minor things wrong, I plan on deducting it out of the 29k price tag.

even if i can get a solid hull, engines, and outdrives...I can cosmetically clean it up for cheap.

Someone must be very hard up for cash to give a boat like that away, even in poor condition its worth more.

Wish you luck, wish I would have been so lucky to get a good solid boat for such a steel.
thanks man i appreciate it....

i forgot to mention the boat has 260 hours on it...it is being serviced this week.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm guessing this is the one....

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...oat_id=1788862

Only thing I see is the speedo has leaked, easily replaced with GPS. Also assuming there's no trailer. Still a helluva deal! Good luck!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JWoolever

Definately giving it away to cut they're price by 20k...Almost sounds too good to be true?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Registered

You are correct this is the one...I didnt want to disclose information on the boat until the deal was finalized but I do have a deposit on it so its not going anywhere.

The boat was checked out mechanically on Thursday. Now a survey and personal inspection will be conducted this weekend. I have my fingers crossed.

Like I said. It has some cosmetic blemishes, but are easily fixable. The boat does not come with a trailer but I have an aluminum load rite on order (tri axle brand new).

I appreciate the kind words baja_302

With my leftover influx of cash (15k) I plan on replacing the vinyl graphics, steering wheel, guages, and apolstery. And also give it a good cleaning and wax.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by moses0324

With my leftover influx of cash (15k) I plan on replacing the vinyl graphics, steering wheel, guages, and apolstery. And also give it a good cleaning and wax.
You do realize that the graphics on the boat are painted on under the gelcoat?? You can't take them off. The only ways to cover them is to paint the entire hull or wrap the hull with a vinyl wrap.
It is a great find though and congrats on the purchase.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Registered

Says it has the HO's but Mags are pictured....
Old 07-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Registered

You do realize that the graphics on the boat are painted on under the gelcoat?? You can't take them off. The only ways to cover them is to paint the entire hull or wrap the hull with a vinyl wrap.
It is a great find though and congrats on the purchase.
I didnt realize this. Thanks.

I was gonna head in the direction of a vinyl wrap...Any reason not too?
Old 07-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by moses0324
The owner is having a pre survey conducted to ensure everything is mechanically sound..
The survey is/was being conducted by the owner?!

If the owner was not against a survey, in my opinion it should be your surveyor and the owner paying the bill. You can never tell who is in bed with who.

Good luck with the purchase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.