Vacuflush question on 36 Outlaw >

Vacuflush question on 36 Outlaw

Notices

Vacuflush question on 36 Outlaw

Old 07-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuflush question on 36 Outlaw

Has anyone ever had to get to thier vacuum pump for repairs? Mine is running constantly and I need some advise on how to get to the thing. It sounds like its under the closet next to the head.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Registered

I had the same thing happen, it runs until the pressure is at the max. I had a hose clamp come off easy fix. they took the closet floor out and the head out. hope its an easy fix. take care
Old 07-15-2010, 02:32 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

exactly. check the fittings etc. If not you have a hole in the diaphram that seals it.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As mentioned take the closet apart next to the head and you will have easy access.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Registered

Thanks for the help. I plan on digging into it this weekend
Old 07-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup just take the side panel to the dash out first, then the floor. 5 minutes and your at it. Mine had the toilet ball rubber seal shrink a bit. It shrunk and formed up a bit. I took the toilet apart and flipped the rubber seal over and all good. Manual says use furniture polish-pledge-to lube it.
And when I bought the boat it ran on too. The prev owner said there is a little switch sensing vacuum and it had a contact problem. He re-soldered the wire and all was good.

There can be lots of reasons for it running on. The pump will have a model # on it. And the toilet will have a model # tag under the plastic trim that covers the base. Can then find parts on line based on those.

Take the nice trim off the foot lever, then unscrew the single cover joint screw and your in. A single huge hose clamp unit holds the bowl to the base.