Does anybody in the NE know this boat? >

Does anybody in the NE know this boat?

Notices

Does anybody in the NE know this boat?

Old 05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I'm guessing that is has to do with noise control since it is attached to the mufflers. Cancels out the pulses from the other side similar to the non-selectable Corsa diverters that split the exhaust out the transom and out the drive. Idunno4sho.
I'm laughing at myself, I looked at pic's of this boat and the powertrains at least several hundred times and thought other boats had balance pipes too except with smaller pipes behind that couldn't be seen.
I've always had my muffler shops place crossovers of a smaller pipe in my hot rods and muscle cars.

These large crossovers made my exhaust very quiet yesterday on our maiden voyage. She's going to be a sleeper in the performance cruiser boating crowd get togethers.
This worked out well for us because the girls could talk and we could hear the stereo even when it wasn't turned up super loud. It also helped bigtime in the ability to hear the blower whine in the upper rpm's.
There was a awesome NorTec V hull fueling up across from us yesterday that was incredibly loud even at idle edging up to the fuel dock. I loved his boat but thought to myself that I'd go crazy trying to talk to someone at speed or listening to music in any boat with that much exhaust sound.
I'll give the Captain credit, his resonance was music to my ears when reminiscing about my old 'Cuda with the built to the hilt 440. I never drove that car on a Saturday night to talk to passengers or listen to the stereo. I always drove it to impress people with the smokey burnouts when I engaged my line lock on the front brakes and the sound of instant acceleration afterwords when the starter dropped his arms to start the street race. What a phucking dumbass I was when I sold that ride. I've wanted to build another one every day since then.

See ya,
Kelly