Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP? >

33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP?

Notices

33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP?

Old 05-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My question is why are you trying to run 5 blades instead of 4 blades? Is the prop height above 4"?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
My question is why are you trying to run 5 blades instead of 4 blades? Is the prop height above 4"?
Prop slip was so high with the 4 blades we wanted to see if 5 blades would help. I have not had a chance to measure prop height but we know others running a similar setup (JaayTeee) had good luck with 5 blades. Given how the 5 blades reacted the drives appear to be too deep even with neutral 12" boxes. So that means investigating other options with 4 blades. I did not have a long enough straight edge last night to get a measurement while the boat was on the trailer swapping out props. Of course my buddy that owns the boat nor GSC who built the boat have a clue what it was setup at from the factory.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 106 Posts

I think your drive height or prop height or x dimension needs to get raised. You should also try cutting edge props out west. Bblades has a monopoly right now but have not been giving good results for anyone I know. All bblades cares about is their rip off test program....almost like blockbuster! JUST wai till they start giving late fees and charging your credit card for the props when you don't send them back fast enough!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Prop slip was so high with the 4 blades we wanted to see if 5 blades would help. I have not had a chance to measure prop height but we know others running a similar setup (JaayTeee) had good luck with 5 blades. Given how the 5 blades reacted the drives appear to be too deep even with neutral 12" boxes. So that means investigating other options with 4 blades. I did not have a long enough straight edge last night to get a measurement while the boat was on the trailer swapping out props. Of course my buddy that owns the boat nor GSC who built the boat have a clue what it was setup at from the factory.
My boat is 29 ol and have a similar setup. I have big power, imco boxes, and -2 shorties. Here are two pics of my prop height. The one with the tape measure is with the drive all the way down. The one without the tape is with the drive on the same plane as the bottom of the boat. I think it is a little high for my boat. Pics are from the inside of the drive. I don't mean to high jack but want to see what you guys think. I figure it at 2 1/2 to 3".
Attached Thumbnails 33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP?-imag0120.jpg   33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP?-imag0118.jpg  
Old 05-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 867 Likes on 325 Posts

What is the actual prop height? Its never been mentioned.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
What is the actual prop height? Its never been mentioned.
As stated above, the owner does not know and I have not been able to measure it. It appears to be too deep for 5 blades and too shallow for 4 blades. Hopefully I can get a measurement next week.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by indywhsle
My boat is 29 ol and have a similar setup. I have big power, imco boxes, and -2 shorties. Here are two pics of my prop height. The one with the tape measure is with the drive all the way down. The one without the tape is with the drive on the same plane as the bottom of the boat. I think it is a little high for my boat. Pics are from the inside of the drive. I don't mean to high jack but want to see what you guys think. I figure it at 2 1/2 to 3".

Is the 2nd pic. with the drive trimmed up ?

I try to measure with the propshaft parellel to the bottom
of the boat, never-the-less, those are pretty high.

I see 5 blades in your future
Old 05-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Is the 2nd pic. with the drive trimmed up ?

I try to measure with the propshaft parellel to the bottom
of the boat, never-the-less, those are pretty high.

I see 5 blades in your future
Yes the second is with the drive parallel with the bottom. Again I don't want to high jack this thread but I have been following it and you and others that have been posting seem to have good input.

I bought a set of 29 p-5's that are labbed. I hope to try them this weekend as well as some stock 32 bravo's.

Please let me know if I should start another thread and I will.

Last edited by indywhsle; 05-27-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by indywhsle
Yes the second is with the drive parallel with the bottom. Again I don't want to high jack this thread but I have been following it and you and others that have been posting seem to have good input.

I bought a set of 29 p-5's that are labbed. I hope to try them this weekend as well as some stock 32 bravo's.

Please let me know if I should start another thread and I will.
I started the thread and I have no problem with you posting questions about your setup. The more input we get on setups the better.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 867 Likes on 325 Posts

If they are stellings all the way up - he is probably at 4 inches +/- 1/4 inch. either way, 30 Pitch bravos should get you close.

Keep us updated this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.