33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP? >

33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP?

Notices

33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP?

Old 04-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
How many hours can u go between rebuilds? I could only make it 30 to 50 going easy on my imco SC drives. I normally run over 100 hours a summer so making it a couple years without touching drives would be nice!
90% of the time I have my 6 year old so Im just cruzing im sure that prolonging the life.atleast 80 to 100 on the uppers ,and I had lowers since 05 with only one failure on them ,I hit bottom the next day broke a verticial .I do switch tmem from side to side,and when getting on plain I push it to3700ish and let it get on plain 35/40 mph Ill smash it ,you have to pay attention at high speed in this boat the midrange is about 12 to 15 mph faster then most with similar power . If you go on youtube take alook at 33 baja superboat 100 mph pib that day the best I saw 98.9 our top speeds were close I played cat an mouse .when we stoped his crew said I had to be hitting 104 I laughed an replied best I saw was 98.9 That day I was in 2 states 2 countries in 3hrs I used 140 gallons of 94 and nothing broke one of my best days. OH.MI canada ,back to the us.

Last edited by crayolacrazy; 04-25-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 106 Posts

That video rocks! Your boat is awesome and it looks like you can drive her also!

Switching the drives side to side helps for sure. I just don't want to baby it anymore or wrench on them. Saving for something bulletproof for atleast 500 hours! Then I can drive in rough lake michigan everytime like u were in the video!
How fast was that cig and did u read all the peoples stupid commets...amazing how dumb people are!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

That video rocks! Your boat is awesome and it looks like you can drive her also!

Switching the drives side to side helps for sure. I just don't want to baby it anymore or wrench on them. Saving for something bulletproof for atleast 500 hours! Then I can drive in rough lake michigan everytime like u were in the video!
How fast was that cig and did u read all the peoples stupid commets...amazing how dumb people are!
Thank you
The cig topps out 101,that day he was running with 4 people ,the next week I had dinner them and thats when they showed me the video I felt real Good The cig has mec 700with bravo,s he swaped out 525,s Anyway I would like the imco,s ,I cant spend that kind of cash.nor put any more unnecessary cash in this boat ,I would like to move into something bigger
Old 04-27-2011, 11:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by crayolacrazy
I would like the imco,s ,I cant spend that kind of cash.nor put any more unnecessary cash in this boat ,I would like to move into something bigger
Thats exactly how I feel.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Thats exactly how I feel.
Yeah it'd always a dream to move to something bigger but what? I know our 33's are not the coolest boats out there but they are the coolest bajas ever made! Imo. That's better then...let's say...having the lamest.... Outerlimits! My problem is I always have lots of people on board and what other boat has a cockpit as large as the 33!? Also what boat under 200000 is a night and day difference to what we have? Meaning goes over 100 reliable. Looks better. Handles better. Bigger but still has equal cockpit space. #6 drives, arneson, or indy drives. Flashy paint. ?????????
Tell me the secret because I look every week and only find boats that are 300000 and up! I am not buying a junk bravo based boat again!
Plus realistically if we are lucky Our boats are worth 70/80 grand even though we wish 95,000. So that's over 130000 to move up properly! We r screwed! Lol

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 04-28-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Registered

Theres pros and cons too having a bravo , A guy I know owns American Muscle and he smashes trannys 6 gran a pop 1500.00 labor to put it in .I can afford a bravo enough that I can stock a few and when the time comes cause it does .I can be running in about 30 min. minus idle back to the trailer with my tail between my legs. Boatings to me is like nascar but you get four days to PITTTTTTTTTTTTT .I carry every sensor ,plug wires,plugs seapump ,impellers rebild kits, fuses one complete drive split two sets of props 30, 31 p5x plus whats on the boat , 4 inch exhaust hose ,spare ecu ,heat exchanger gaskets cmi gasket and clamps, oil and gear lub of corse enough tools to getter done .every thing is on the boat except spare drive extra props and fliuds . You know what they say you cant keep a good man down......................................LONG

Last edited by crayolacrazy; 04-28-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 79 Posts

Yeah it'd always a dream to move to something bigger but what? I know our 33's are not the coolest boats out there but they are the coolest bajas ever made! Imo. That's better then...let's say...having the lamest.... Outerlimits! My problem is I always have lots of people on board and what other boat has a cockpit as large as the 33!? Also what boat under 200000 is a night and day difference to what we have? Meaning goes over 100 reliable. Looks better. Handles better. Bigger but still has equal cockpit space. #6 drives, arneson, or indy drives. Flashy paint. ?????????
Tell me the secret because I look every week and only find boats that are 300000 and up! I am not buying a junk bravo based boat again!
Plus realistically if we are lucky Our boats are worth 70/80 grand even though we wish 95,000. So that's over 130000 to move up properly! We r screwed! Lol
Good post and very true!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 150 Posts

The cockpit space will be the hardest thing to give up.

Only if Baja would have made a twin step 40 O/L ???

If I'm going to be stuck with a boat, this one isnt too bad
to be stuck with.

Of all the boats that I've owned, I've kept them about
5 years ( the fun ones), one I didn't ( boring one), lasted 2....it's going on 6 years on this one.

A friend of mine bought a TS Top Gun 2 years ago,
and the first time I drove it ( at LOTO, rough water) I was hooked, so the quest for the replacement just started,
but until someone comes along and just has to have my boat,
that may be a while. ( most folks shopping for 33's are
happy with 502's or HO's)

I wouldnt have a problem with putting a good set of
drives ( SCX's, BMAX's) on a 38 or 39 TS TG bravo boat,
then power it accordingly....700 hp will get you to 100 in
these.....it wont in a 33.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
The cockpit space will be the hardest thing to give up.

Only if Baja would have made a twin step 40 O/L ???

If I'm going to be stuck with a boat, this one isnt too bad
to be stuck with.

Of all the boats that I've owned, I've kept them about
5 years ( the fun ones), one I didn't ( boring one), lasted 2....it's going on 6 years on this one.

A friend of mine bought a TS Top Gun 2 years ago,
and the first time I drove it ( at LOTO, rough water) I was hooked, so the quest for the replacement just started,
but until someone comes along and just has to have my boat,
that may be a while. ( most folks shopping for 33's are
happy with 502's or HO's)

I wouldnt have a problem with putting a good set of
drives ( SCX's, BMAX's) on a 38 or 39 TS TG bravo boat,
then power it accordingly....700 hp will get you to 100 in
these.....it wont in a 33.
Im thinkin 38 hustler or stepped hull cig,the hustler has nice cabin ,Its nice to dream. somtimes they come true.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Registered

Last spring Shogren had a 42 fountain I liked he offered me 50 K for my boat never saw it and didnt ask many questions I was insaulted a bit.His was gold mine was scrap steel

Last edited by crayolacrazy; 05-01-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.