Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
hull question please help >

hull question please help

Notices

hull question please help

Old 05-12-2011, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Formula is a 1999 super clean, low hours, lake boat with merc. 500s carburated. The tri axle trailer is also incuded and in new condition. I had concerns about the stringer system as it is laid in later and glued togather. The boat hasn't been used in 2 years, just sitting in boat hanger on trailer.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 4,728 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
IT would have to have been a 36 Outlaw then and they came with everything from 454 MAGS (385 hp a side) to the 900SC which was a 900 hp supercharged engine.
I stand by my earlier observation that your mechanic was stroking his ego.
I had well over 1600 hp in my 29 Outlaw and never had any structural issues.
Here is a 36 with twin 900's:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o38230-en.html
TV`s in the headrest lol and he kills the storage space with subs, and is it really necessary for the passenger to know the speed?
Love the motors and drives but the rest is just retarded
Old 05-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Some 36 Outlaws had stinger problems at LOTO due to the rough water. That may be what JaayTeee is referring to.
They did have an issue on some early 36's. There was a warranty repair to re-inforce the engine compartment. required both engines out, and a cross-brace was glassed in under the engines between the stringers, and outside of the stringers. I assume Baja just added fix to later built boats.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 32storm
They did have an issue on some early 36's. There was a warranty repair to re-inforce the engine compartment. required both engines out, and a cross-brace was glassed in under the engines between the stringers, and outside of the stringers. I assume Baja just added fix to later built boats.
It was a issue with the standard engine options only. After 2001 all the 36, 33, and 29 Outlaws went to a HP "offshore" motor mount system made by Corsa Performance. If you have standard Mercury engine mounts that sit over top of stringers, you are safe. If you have the "Adeptus" aluminum brackets that were bolted to the stringer sides, they had the issue.

XT
Old 05-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

Default 35 outlaw

do not be afraid of the 35. Its a great boat. Went from a 33 to a 35 and like the boat even more than the 33. It has a great layout and runs well with h.o's.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Some of the 35's had bulk head issues and cracks in the engine compartment along the floor. Look for hairline cracks in the engine compartment where the side of the boat meets the floor. I'd stick to one of the boats with stringers or the Formula.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Registered

FORMULA'S aren't anybetter than a baja there good production boats. so the baja has more room in the 35, also a boat thats been in storage for a few years is a 35 sutphen which is a custom boat. theres one in the classifieds in the SUTPHEN section. its real nice hass good power in it and a large cabin. sutphens have a wide nose which gives you a wider cabin and a 26 degree hull. thats why there one of the best offshore boats around. my 650hp 24 ol could beat all my friends 24x7 and 30x7 boats where I live. but I could not stay with my friends 26 sutphen in the rough or flat he had 850hp did 98. so you should look at the 35 sutphen the ride is unreal, I tried to get a new hull 31 for a single project I am doing but could not work out a deal. thats why I bought a saber 28 hull which ride like the sutphens. thats a nice custom boat to the saber 34 but theres none for sale. good luck Art
Old 05-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Registered

Hate to break the news but a Formula fetches a higher prices bc it IS a better boat especially the FASTech...the quality is higher all around. And more importantly when you go to sell, its more appealing to a larger crowd. I am a baja owner and i have nothign to say bad other than you get what you pay for --excellent entry level hi-perfmance boat.

And suphtens ...well are they custom? where does the price fall into? they have a dated look to them...there for sure arent as many out there as baja and formula's neither hustler or outerlimits.......where ever they fall into the line up!

***geting the correct boat depends on your needs for a boat, your budget, and a little of your taste of what you like.