boss 272 help >

boss 272 help

Notices

boss 272 help

Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Taube
hook em, you're right, it's a bravo one 22 4blade... Any guesses what a a high five 24 would do?? ( I think its a 24 high five) I have one sittin around and am curious! probably blow out?
No. The HighFive is also odd numbered for the Alpha/Bravo/V-6 outboards. If you have one in 24", it's for the 75-125 outboards.

Originally Posted by Hook'em
But it will tear your drive up (sooner or later). That (5 blade) definately aint the prop for your boat.
No it won't. This prop is tiny, less than 13½" in dia. Build for small outboard and Alpha boats. Because it's a 5 blade, does not mean it will break a drive, just like a Maximus won't break a drive on a boat with standard 496's ect. Besides, way wrong prop for this, as said. The best prop for the 272 is the M+. The B1 is a big wheel, and will slow you down, in this application, and the increased bow lift of the M+ is just what the 272 needs.

But yes, call Bblades. He's great with the Baja's.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 07-08-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wrong about that 23/4 it's not a steletto.. not really sure the brand.. It just has yellow stickers that say turbo... Anyway, I am considering the labbing of the prop but am also considering trying a mirage plus 22 4 blade.. Anyone tried one of these?
It's a Turbo 2+2 prop.....really the wrong prop for your boat it is made for small boats and outboards. I had one on my 20 Outlaw and it worked great probably the best prop for that boat. Like other have said the M+ 3 blade is a good prop for speed and the 4 blade Rev 4 would be the better cruise prop.

http://www.boatownersworld.com/Props...us2_4blade.htm
Old 07-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kennyo
I wondered how you got 5400 with a 25p......the 35 foot rooster tail explains that
Nope- she runs in the 5400 range at all times- tail/no tail. Here are a couple of shots that show how high she rides- and yes, as far as I know the 502 is completely stock.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered

LanierBoss, is that all yellow, Boss graphic, Baja Hammer still running around up there?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 0820Outlaw
LanierBoss, is that all yellow, Boss graphic, Baja Hammer still running around up there?
I haven't seen it- the only Hammer I've seen on the south end is an all white with a really simple, swoopy, yellow and black graphic. But then again, I see at least 2-3 different/new boats just about every weekend!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LanierBoss272
I haven't seen it- the only Hammer I've seen on the south end is an all white with a really simple, swoopy, yellow and black graphic. But then again, I see at least 2-3 different/new boats just about every weekend!
I boated Cocktail Cove from 1998 to 2004. I sold my all yellow, Boss graphic '01 Hammer to a guy that lived on Lanier. I didn't want to ruin it by bringing down here to Florida. Nothing against the couple I sold it to, nice folks, I just wish I had never sold that boat. Left them my folks number and told them if they ever wanted out of it.... Just hoping they baby it as much as I did. Keep a look-out for me.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered

hook em, you're right, it's a bravo one 22 4blade... Any guesses what a a high five 24 would do?? ( I think its a 24 high five) I have one sittin around and am curious! probably blow out?
Back on topic for Taube. I ran a 23P High Five last weekend. It performed same as my 23P Laser II (much different prop than your Bravo I Prop, I run a SB motor) in all but top end speed and rpm. I could turn 400 more rpm and lost 1.9 mph compared to my Laser II. I'm following your thread with curiosity as I'm reproping as well and stuff is not adding up. Some items I have learned, the hard way mind you, is pay very close attention to prop diameter and cupping along the pitch and rake lines. The 4-blade I'm dialing in now behaved completely different with just tip-cupping added (cup along the rake lines). Those with more knowledge correct me if I'm wrong, adding cup along the rake line adds more rake, cupping along the pitch lines adds more pitch. AND, most importantly of all...make sure the blades are all "trued." If they're off even 1 degree you'll think that prop is no good when it very well may be. Keep us/me posted on your progress and I'll do the same for you.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LanierBoss272
Nope- she runs in the 5400 range at all times- tail/no tail. Here are a couple of shots that show how high she rides- and yes, as far as I know the 502 is completely stock.

Mine runs flat as hell compared to that
Old 07-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Registered

Kennyo, what prop are you running on your 272 ? I have 98 Boss with a 509 M3sc Procharger a XR with imco -2' shortie and running a stock 30 bravo prop. Not sure if this is the right prop for my set up.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Registered

Ok, I got a hold of a 22p 4blade bravo 1 this past weekend... I also fixed my fuel sender and found that I have had 3/4 to full tank of fuel with all this testing.. anyway the 22 brought my rpm's up to about 4800 and my speed was around 62.. that was with 2 people and 3/4 tank, cooler and gear.. I'm just under half tank now and will run this prop down to 1/4 tank to see speed and rpm.. my guess is it will be about 65 at 4900 to 5000 rpm.. then I will throw that stock 23 mirage plus on again.. I'm also gonna try the 23 4blade turbo prop again once the hub is replaced.. I ran 64 mph at 4800 rpm with that with 3 adults and probably just under half tank.. the weather has been low 90's and up to 70% humidity..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.