Silly question...but... >

Silly question...but...

Notices

Silly question...but...

Old 06-13-2002, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silly question...but...

I know this may be a silly question, but is a ladder supposed to be included on Baja's swim platforms? I bought my 25 Outlaw new and my dealer told me that I have to order one. Anybody know who I can call to get one shipped to me? Thanks!
Old 06-13-2002, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There should have been one on there. Too bad you can't come by my house. I would give you mine. The first thing I did when I got my boat was to remove that silly ladder off the swim platform. As far as I'm concerned, it's just one more thing that can rust and just more $hit that has to be cleaned.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:55 PM
Allan4

Took mine off as well, more a pain in the ass than anything. I'll keep it around for resale. It's easier to just put your foot on the outdrive and grab the ski eyelet than it is to climb that goofy ladder....

Old 06-13-2002, 07:15 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is an option. I had to order it on my new 36.

Much easier for the ladies.

They just bolt on, so order one from your dealer or West Marine.

There was a post recently about a swim platform the had water in it and it froze up and expanded over the winter. I would be careful it you removed one. Make sure you have some drain holes in the lower supports.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:40 PM
Registered

Based on what the Boss said, I stand corrected about them being standard. The change must have just started in 2002. They had to have been standard in 2001 because had it been an option, I would have declinded. I wonder what 2003 has in store - optional steering wheel perhaps.

Boss is also correct about the ladders being non-proprietary and available at your average West Marine, etc.
Old 06-14-2002, 12:39 PM
Registered

Boater's World has them for about $80 onsale right now. telescoping SS...

Ted
Old 06-14-2002, 03:49 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input y'all!!! I wouldn't mind just using the outdrive to step up on, but I better go ahead and get the ladder because I have some female friends who would prefer using it. I'll definitely check out Boater's World and West Marine. Thanks again!
Old 06-14-2002, 04:37 PM
Registered

You've said you are new to boating so here's a tip. If you have a ladder back there, don't trust the mechanism that keeps the ladder locked in the upright position. Get some type of bungee to make sure it stays up and locked. The last thing you want is the ladder to drop down without your consent while running.

Dragging the ladder behind you while running is a sure-fire way to look like a tourist.
Old 06-14-2002, 05:04 PM
Registered

Not to mention if you turn you could hit the ladder with your prop...
Old 06-14-2002, 08:20 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made the mistake of leaving the ladder doen on the 272 once. It scared the hell out of me when I realized what I had done.

But in checking I found that the prop cannot hit the ladder on that boat. Plus while you are moving it rises to the top of the water and just drags along making a little rooster tail.

I am not sure about the twenty five though. On the new 36 it is right in the middle of the swim platform and would probably do damage if I forgot it.

Personally I would rather have it.

Quick Reply: Silly question...but...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.