Why trash talk

Notices

Why trash talk

Old 08-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
For a boat that "sucks" they sure are fast, especially the one that set the V Hull speed record, seem to remember Cigarette trying (and failing) to break the record a few years back, I guess it wasn't entirely Cigarettes fault since they had to have someone else build the hull.

I am a DIE HARD Outerlimits guy (they suck too?)
But, I respect what Reggie/Fountain have accomplished.

YOUR boat may have been criticized in this thread, but, I don't recall anyone saying "Cigarettes" suck.
I'm only saying it to piss him off...

never said they were not fast either, just said they dont ride rough as good as a Cig... thats pretty well known FACT
Old 08-13-2012, 12:17 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
weather reports called them 5-7 that day....I say 4-6 yep... our waves are very short though so they don't look as big in things like videos, anyone that knows LE will tell you... its not like swels in the ocean that are 20-40 ft apart...totally different...

middle boat..... Clifford.... one of my good buds boats....now that fukkers a machine....and probably the best ride you could go on in a V bottom....rip Jerry.....miss ya bud
im running in wicked won and yes Jerry was a hell of a guy! ran 104 in that puppy with him and it's one amazing water craft. i live in SD now but spent my whole life on Lake Michigan and there is a huge difference between the great lakes and the ocean when it comes to waves. i actually prefer waves in the great lakes it's more fun! like i said man not trying to put you or your bad ass cig down. I actually saw it at KI a few years back when Jim still owned wicked won. i was with my buddy Parnel in the other Saber. Awesome boat!! 5 to 7ft waves are huge in a boat and pretty hard to really get moving in them unless you have huge power with a huge drive train that is in the Great Lakes.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by cfischer
im running in wicked won and yes Jerry was a hell of a guy! ran 104 in that puppy with him and it's one amazing water craft. i live in SD now but spent my whole life on Lake Michigan and there is a huge difference between the great lakes and the ocean when it comes to waves. i actually prefer waves in the great lakes it's more fun! like i said man not trying to put you or your bad ass cig down. I actually saw it at KI a few years back when Jim still owned wicked won. i was with my buddy Parnel in the other Saber. Awesome boat!! 5 to 7ft waves are huge in a boat and pretty hard to really get moving in them unless you have huge power with a huge drive train that is in the Great Lakes.
So you know Jim then too... great guy!

We are coming up on 2 years without LJ... so sad we lost him... he was a great friend.

Clifford and my buddys old 41 Apache "The Chief" are animals on the great lakes.... best 2 boats I was ever in....
Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by showtime83
Alright, so how big were they yesterday afternoon at the islands/west end? All I know was BIG!
3's with maybe a 4' in there for good measure. Ran from Catawba to PIB Saturday afternoon.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I'm only saying it to piss him off...

never said they were not fast either, just said they dont ride rough as good as a Cig... thats pretty well known FACT
Gonna take more than that to piss me off bro

I'll be out that way next year for a cedar point trip, lets do a ride comparison at 90 mph ok?

All things being equal, never said I didn't like your boat or cigs, I just don't like you and your ego.

This was also a status symbal in 1985, see how things change?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 4bus
Gonna take more than that to piss me off bro

I'll be out that way next year for a cedar point trip, lets do a ride comparison at 90 mph ok?

All things being equal, never said I didn't like your boat or cigs, I just don't like you and your ego.

This was also a status symbal in 1985, see how things change?

Never said I would run 90, but I would gladly run with you in 6 footers especially through the Sandusky channel ... come on 35 Knot winds!! if you beat me in them and dont have any bruises I will buy you a beer at KI..I know I wont have bruises...

I'm actually not a dick until people try to tell me I am, then I make it a point to be...
Old 08-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
3's with maybe a 4' in there for good measure. Ran from Catawba to PIB Saturday afternoon.
Were you on B dock? I was on the A finger. I ran over saturday from catawba state ramp in the concept.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Registered

Enough, FF. When you actually learn what 6 footers are, maybe someone will listen to your "rough water" ravings..... But I doubt it.

I'm sure a brick with an Evinrude attached handles waves too, but not my cup o' tea either. Tool.

Must be quiet on the Cig forum...... Or did they have enough of your b.s too?

Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by puzzleboy
Enough, FF. When you actually learn what 6 footers are, maybe someone will listen to your "rough water" ravings..... But I doubt it.

I'm sure a brick with an Evinrude attached handles waves too, but not my cup o' tea either. Tool.

Must be quiet on the Cig forum...... Or did they have enough of your b.s too?

You still love me too? lol

I only puttin BS on this thread since you guys wanna keep it alive, I'm ok with that... its kinda funny, I must be irritating you, I like that...

I have done nothing to keep this going but respond to you guys for pure entertainment purposes...
Old 08-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 25OL, I live in Dallas so are water is nothing like a ocean, or any other big water, we have the normal boat traffic wakes, and the high winds waves, nothing my boat cant handle. There hasn't been a day on the water I wasn't smiling and appreciating my investment with family and friends!

I still get the boat all ready the night before, and can't waite till morning to get on the water, takes me 2 min from driveway to dock! I am as proud of my boat as the guy is who has the most expensive, fastest,best paint etc is of his.

I don't believe one boat is better than another, I think it's he pride of the owner who makes his boat what it is/or isn't!!

Better to be on a raft, than not on the water at all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.