Why trash talk >

Why trash talk

Notices

Why trash talk

Old 08-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

there is not.one Baja out there that's can ride in the big stuff.like a cig or Apache.... its fact...

in my case I had a 86 Baja 320 force and my friends that worked at Baja said its one of the best rough water resin bucket hulls they ever made... that being said.. there are quite a bit more bulkheads and reinforcement in my cig then the Baja and if shows...... your not laying that much more for just a name...sorry.... bajas are not as good as a cig in real rough water conditions...
Old 08-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Full Force
there is not.one Baja out there that's can ride in the big stuff.like a cig or Apache.... its fact...

in my case I had a 86 Baja 320 force and my friends that worked at Baja said its one of the best rough water resin bucket hulls they ever made... that being said.. there are quite a bit more bulkheads and reinforcement in my cig then the Baja and if shows...... your not laying that much more for just a name...sorry.... bajas are not as good as a cig in real rough water conditions...
Agreed, however when you compare "real world" use I think Baja offers more bang for the buck, really, how many of us spend the majority of our time running offshore in 8 Foot swells?

I have a hard time justifying spending 600K on a boat with a Porta potti and manual bolsters, don't get me wrong, Cigarette builds a HELL of a boat!! And Skip Braver has done a GREAT job, however in my opinion you DO pay a premium for the "Brand" it's not ALL about better quality.

I personally think Outerlimits and Nortech build a boat equal to Cigarette, but, they haven't been around 50 years and aren't marketed quite as well.

Just my .02
Old 08-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by n20michael
Agreed, however when you compare "real world" use I think Baja offers more bang for the buck, really, how many of us spend the majority of our time running offshore in 8 Foot swells?

I have a hard time justifying spending 600K on a boat with a Porta potti and manual bolsters, don't get me wrong, Cigarette builds a HELL of a boat!! And Skip Braver has done a GREAT job, however in my opinion you DO pay a premium for the "Brand" it's not ALL about better quality.

I personally think Outerlimits and Nortech build a boat equal to Cigarette, but, they haven't been around 50 years and aren't marketed quite as well.

Just my .02
With west end of Lake Erie I would say I run my boat in more messed up water then 70% of users on a more then average basis, One of the reasons things are manul on Cigs and some others like bolsters, zipper doors and such is less rattles and less to break, my buddyys 41 Saber had noithing but zipper compartments when built and in no way was there a rattle on that boat, every time I hit a wave on the Baja it sounded like something was gonna break with all the rattles and often it did break something..

Today coming back =from the island I hit the Jet Express wake that was easily 8 ft and I didnt see it till last minute, I was so far in the air that when the boat came down my feet came 5" off the floor of the boat... landed so solid i was shocked..... and my truck keys were still sitting on the storage shelf when I got to the dock... The Baja would not have landed like that....

The Baja has more space, only kinda... I have friends, dogs and kids overnighting many weekends... never a space issue, I use the boat and over night with my girl and I EVERY weekend...the 7 ft v berth rocks!!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Your wrong, look at a 36 outlaw when you can. Compare apples to apples, a late 90's 35 cafe with the same power as the outlaw won't be any faster and handles the same water,but the baja has way more space and creature comforts. A 40 outlaw is every bit as good as a top gun. Compare same size boats of same years and you'll see. As for the newer cigarettes now those are awesome.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by outlawfun
Your wrong, look at a 36 outlaw when you can. Compare apples to apples, a late 90's 35 cafe with the same power as the outlaw won't be any faster and handles the same water,but the baja has way more space and creature comforts. A 40 outlaw is every bit as good as a top gun. Compare same size boats of same years and you'll see. As for the newer cigarettes now those are awesome.
if they were the same build and quality they would cost similar, I have seen many..my buddy had a 36 outlaw, now has a 38 Gun, the gun crushes WAY better... sorry...and thats a TS gun over the straight Baja hull... TS never ride as good as straight bottom boats..again, I am also referring to our Lake Erie, not inland lakes or oceans....

This video is my Mistress in 4-6 footers we see regularly on the great lakes, newer cigs run it just as good without beating you up... I never said the Baja cant run it, I just said you will feel it a ton more...

http://youtu.be/RkIdBlNuxMM

Last edited by Full Force; 08-04-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

And yes, the Baja has a ton more space I agree.. in my case I AM comparing apples to apples...

my 86 32 baja to my 85 35 Cig

my buddys 36 outlaw to his 38 TS gun

Seems apples to apples to me....
Old 08-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

For the record I also never BASHED Baja....

some of my best memories were in my Baja...

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13441223833191

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13441224119192

Last edited by Full Force; 08-04-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
With west end of Lake Erie I would say I run my boat in more messed up water then 70% of users on a more then average basis, One of the reasons things are manul on Cigs and some others like bolsters, zipper doors and such is less rattles and less to break, my buddyys 41 Saber had noithing but zipper compartments when built and in no way was there a rattle on that boat, every time I hit a wave on the Baja it sounded like something was gonna break with all the rattles and often it did break something..

Today coming back =from the island I hit the Jet Express wake that was easily 8 ft and I didnt see it till last minute, I was so far in the air that when the boat came down my feet came 5" off the floor of the boat... landed so solid i was shocked..... and my truck keys were still sitting on the storage shelf when I got to the dock... The Baja would not have landed like that....

The Baja has more space, only kinda... I have friends, dogs and kids overnighting many weekends... never a space issue, I use the boat and over night with my girl and I EVERY weekend...the 7 ft v berth rocks!!
I have seen A LOT of big dollar boats with power bolsters and/or foot rests but, the cabin zippers seem to be pretty common though. I guess like most things it comes down to price and intended usage.

I was checking out a Outerlimits 39 Stiletto in Kingston last year, ran WELL over 100MPH, power bolsters, full cabin, and air conditioning, pretty sure it would handle rough water too [-:

But, it did have cabin zippers, which I always thought looked "cheap" on a big dollar boat, I never thought of rattles, I always figured it was for weight.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Registered

ANY fan of rough water, regardless of brand loyalty will enjoy this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttN2stWdoeg
Old 08-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by n20michael
ANY fan of rough water, regardless of brand loyalty will enjoy this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttN2stWdoeg
damn right!! I get that water next month here... woo!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.